LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

what is this ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 11:36 AM

what is this ???

while changing manifold gaskets i noticed that there was a tube running from the back of the intake manifold to the pass side header, which was a PITA to remove. i was curious if i will suffer any adverse affects by just deleting it? i think it might be the EGR???. on other vehicles i have owned i deleted the egr and only got the cel light, but am curious as to wether this will make my car run like crap if i get rid of it? thanks
Old 04-29-2006, 11:42 AM

Re: what is this ???

Yes, thats your EGR.

No it won't run like crap, but it isn't going to help anything either. Some people who drive consistently and pay attention to their gas mileage have reported *slight* negative effects.

-brent
Old 04-29-2006, 12:38 PM

http://shbox.com/1/egr1.jpg

I didn't have any negative effects by removing all the EGR components...I wan't looking for a gain either...just wanted to clean up the engine bay some.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:30 PM

temple, thats exactly why i am wanting to do it. not like it will really be able to be seen, but i would just like to simplify things. i am fixing to be doing a camswap so i will more than likely do the delete at that time, and then just get a tune and have all of the egr functions tuned out of it.