LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 10:13 PM

What to do?

Im currently looking for a z28 lt1 since I get one cheaper than the 98 and up. I am trying to get a 94 with around 51,000 miles the owner is selling it pretty cheap. Anyway I have about 5 grand to put into it after I purchase it. I was wandering what I should do. I want to replace from the headers back and get cut-outs. I was wandering what parts everyone recomends. I was thinking hooker headers, i dunno what kind of cat, and either borla or slp exhaust. After that I wanna supercharge it. I have been told to turbo it, but I have always been under the impression that superchargers give out a lot more power. Id appreciate any help or advice and your opinions on what to do first and all.

Thanks
Mitch
Old 10-10-2003, 10:17 PM

well, wise choice for lt1, i personally prefer that engine over the ls1 due to the extra torque.

umm ud be best off to supercharge it, turbo will kill ur engine w/ in a few thousand miles... it just runs too much hot air through

but for headers id suggest edlebrock, they are the best sounding for the best performance in my opinion.

and before you get to involved in modifying it, go ahead and make sure the engine is running ok, since its being sold for a low price.