LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM

What to do

Alright I have a 94 Z A4 with 119000 miles I'm hoping to have $2000 for my car by next summer (being in school makes money tight) so what would be the best thing to do. I can do small things like bolt ons and what not, but when it comes to major engine components I'm lost. So if I do things like heads and cam I will be paying some one to do it. I have a mail order tune and a cat back exhaust. I'm also wanting a street car so big gears and a stall are out I also wont use N2O.

P.S. I'm sure there are tons of posts like this but I felt lazy tonight so please don't give me the "USE THE SEARCH" bull s***.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Re: What to do

Originally Posted by bitchin94
Alright I have a 94 Z A4 with 119000 miles I'm hoping to have $2000 for my car by next summer (being in school makes money tight) so what would be the best thing to do. I can do small things like bolt ons and what not, but when it comes to major engine components I'm lost. So if I do things like heads and cam I will be paying some one to do it. I have a mail order tune and a cat back exhaust. I'm also wanting a street car so big gears and a stall are out I also wont use N2O.

P.S. I'm sure there are tons of posts like this but I felt lazy tonight so please don't give me the "USE THE SEARCH" bull s***.

Thanks
If you have a budget of two grand, that will barely cover the parts to do a properly done heads/cam install, let alone the labor. I would use that money to do headers and a y-pipe. Maybe even consider some other bolt-ons such as roller rocker arms and some various suspension parts. Also, gears and stall will not hurt your cars street manners as long as you keep it in reason. 4.10 gears and a 4500 stall will definitely not make your car very street friendly.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 PM

Re: What to do

honestly from the way it sounds i would just keep my eyes open for an inexpensicve used supercharger kit
you can find the 600b for around that price and if your willing to takle a LT header install on thiese cars a SC shouldnt be too bad
it will still have good street manners and decent power wont be loud and it wont eat alot of gas as long as you stay out of the pedal but the power is still there when you need it

and BTW
Good luck with school dont let your car interfer with it like i did lol