LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What else should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 10:36 AM

Question What else should i do?

OK i have had my car for like 6 months now and in the past month i have replaced the battery, both rad hoses, optispark, plugs and wires, waterpump, oil, coolant, four tires, fuel filter, tranny filter and fluid, two fog light bulbs, wiper blades, and set the radio stations the car is a 93 trans am A4 w/ 105000 miles and was wondering if there is anything else i should relpace before i start my modds AND what mods would it still be a dependable daily driver w/o setting codes and run 13.2-13.5 range i was thinking pcmforless, slp headers, loudmoth, and slp cai is this a good combo?????? thanks for the help
Old 04-02-2003, 10:52 AM

Drop the PCMforless tuning for now. Not needed until you do heads and cam. Do you have emissions in your state? If not get some longtube headers instead of SLP.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:55 AM

Do you have emissions in your state? If not get some longtube headers instead of SLP.
I would personally recommend the FLP LT's! Speaking of which--there's a GP going on right now for them!! What perfect timing!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:02 PM

cai and cat back should be your definative next step, as for messing with headers...that's up to you.

shorties will give you emmisions compliance (if you add the cat), but longtubes will give you more power.

FLP lt's will give you both but they are over $1K!!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:40 PM

I agree with the Catback and SLP CAI...

For headers...if emmisions arent a problem, then i'd get LT'S...

If they are and u still want LT'S, get the FLP's! That is, if money isnt that big of factor. Otherwise MAC shorties are pretty good for the price IMO...
Old 04-03-2003, 06:04 AM

i thought about the jet-hot long tubes which is basicly the same design but the car is getting a set of eibachs and kyb's and i know the collectors on long tubes hang kinda low BUT i still want the feel and sound of headers on a LT-1 that is why i was thinking more like SLP headers or AS&M header and y-pipe package