LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What we be the best upgrade for LT1 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 08:39 AM

Re: What we be the best upgrade for LT1 intake?

Originally Posted by 97 30TH Z
I was looking at the old TPI corvette intakes also, and they to, have a long runner which I think would be good for HP, but I haven't really done any research yet.
From one extreme to the other. Long runner, as is toooo long.

Originally Posted by LT1Squirrel
AFAIK there are no 'mass produced' intakes for our cars besides the LT4...
I thot the guy wanted an UPgrade.

Originally Posted by 97 30TH Z
...but I would have to bet that you could pick up alot of extra HP with a better designed manifold. Just my thought though.
I consider that thot a 'no brainer', as in, there is little doubt (in my mind) gains could be had.

Originally Posted by Hoostie
There is no way.....Never gonna happen.
Talk about not being able to think 'outside the box'. Whom do YOU know, that has done testing on alternatives, with negative or no results, other than oem lookalikes, but fit well enuf as oem (to encourage sales), and willing to foot the bill for testing/research/design? If it has not been done, how can you be so confident, in the results?

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
You really are ignorant about the LT1 and need to do a lot more digging before you buy anything. The intake is such a POOR design that Edelbrock and Lingenfelter both tried to come up with alternatives and failed to build anything worth putting into production.
Subsequent testing/research of 'alternatives' centered around existing oem design. That in itself, is questionable reasoning. However, in their defense, if the end product must fit as the oem piece, you're being restricted, in design, from square one. The oem piece is certainly NOT a GREAT piece, but it does function. Improvements in power output are in reach. However, sacrifices and/or allowances to oem conveniences would be necessary. That, to potential aftermarket hopefuls, with an eye on bringing a marketable product, to the table, did not leave enuf profitability wise, to justify deviating from oem design. Just some thots.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:51 AM

Re: What we be the best upgrade for LT1 intake?

I would suggest the LPE Super ram intake with the matching 219/219 .560" int. .560" exh. cam. Tons of power and huge torque to 6000 rpm. John did tons of R&D on this set up for hp, tq, and durability. I'm stepping up to this package over my current stock ported intake on my LPE383. 61 more lb/ft of torque is predicted by their engineers.
--Alan