LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What's the best LT Headers in the market today, for the LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 05:40 PM

What's the best LT Headers in the market today, for the LT1?

Just curuios what has emerged as the king of the hill these days.
I know Hookers were dominating the market for a while, I don't know if they still are, though.
I'm just curious as to what else you guys are recommending/running.

I currently have a set of Grotyohann Longtubes. They're a little beat up, and I'm entertaining the idea of getting another set of LT's that has a better plug clearance, especially on the passenger side.
I have ruled out FLP's for now. Anyting else?
Thx-Goose
Old 08-15-2003, 05:42 PM

I'll say the Jet-Hots. They basically are the Hookers but cheaper. I absolutely love mine and plug clearance (for what its worth on a 4th gen) is excellent.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:21 PM

To most people, the best is usually what their budget will allow.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:07 PM

Another vote for Jet-Hot. Just like hookers, only stronger, thicker, and cheaper. Can't be beat.

** The best flowing ones out there IMO are the SLP headers, but the difference is so marginal that I surely cant justify the $600 more they cost for the 1 or 2 whp
Old 08-15-2003, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Spinner
Another vote for Jet-Hot. Just like hookers, only stronger, thicker, and cheaper. Can't be beat.

** The best flowing ones out there IMO are the SLP headers, but the difference is so marginal that I surely cant justify the $600 more they cost for the 1 or 2 whp
SLP only makes a shorty for the LT1. Maybe you're thinking of an LS1. I'll have to throw a vote in for TPIS. There is a reason that they're the number one header for Vettes. The same goes for camaros.
Old 08-15-2003, 07:47 PM

I remember seeing some Dynamax?! Headers, that come in the stepped version?
Anybody knows what I'm talking about?
I think is Dynamax the brand name. Not 100% sure. I've seen them for the LS1 and the LT1. I just can't remeber where I've read about them. I do remember they're both straight 1.75 primaries and stepped.
I have also heard good things from the Jet-Hot headers. I might try those, if I don't find something that will catch my attention.
Thx-Goose
Old 08-15-2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Black_Z28
SLP only makes a shorty for the LT1. Maybe you're thinking of an LS1. I'll have to throw a vote in for TPIS. There is a reason that they're the number one header for Vettes. The same goes for camaros.
TPIS does make some very good headers.. but as for them being 'number one'? According to who and by what means was this conclusion drawn? Just curious, not flaming.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:47 PM

Heres a link:
http://www.fbodycentral.com/catalog/...roducts_id=189

I just ordered some. Cant wait to get them on!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:48 PM

http://www.fbodycentral.com/catalog/...roducts_id=174

JEt hot's $510
Old 08-15-2003, 11:06 PM

for the price etc. i'll throw another vote at jet-hot. overall, FLPs are very nice, but for the price, just not worth it. As SloMo said, for their price they should include a mail order bride.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by zhevy-1
I remember seeing some Dynamax?! Headers, that come in the stepped version?
Anybody knows what I'm talking about?
I think is Dynamax the brand name. Not 100% sure. I've seen them for the LS1 and the LT1. I just can't remeber where I've read about them. I do remember they're both straight 1.75 primaries and stepped.
I have also heard good things from the Jet-Hot headers. I might try those, if I don't find something that will catch my attention.
Thx-Goose
Maybe you're thinking of Dynatech Headers. They have stepped collectors available. You have to get the headers and collectors seperate. The collectors are slip on, which I do not like. I had a slight leak b/c of this. I had to put high temp silicone sealant to fix it and it seems to have come back after about a year. But otherwise the're great. They fit nice and tight just like FLP's, they have O2 holes already, and nice coating too.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:44 PM

The Dynatech headers for the LT1 only available with primaries with size tube 1" 3/4. There LS1 version has the 1" 7/8 primaries.

But if your looking for the header that produced the highest power on modified LT1's not to mention being some of the nicest built headers you can buy check out: www.lemonsheaders.com

You can get these stepped to what ever size pipe for SBC up to 2 1/4 with collectors up to 6" or what ever you prefere. They will also Jett Hot coat them,install O'2 bungs or what ever you want. I have a set and these headers compared to the Hookers there is no comparison. I have had Hookers in the past and all I can say is the extra time I had to put into them just to get the inlet of the primaries matched to my cylinder heads was a joke. The variation from inlet primaries size to primaries was different for each one plus the huge welds that disturb or restricked flow within the header tube.

Go with Lemmon if you want max power in a header.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by jkipp84
TPIS does make some very good headers.. but as for them being 'number one'? According to who and by what means was this conclusion drawn? Just curious, not flaming.
Talk to some guys that own a vette with TPIS' headers on their car. They'll fill you in.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:57 PM

I have dynamax on mine because they were on the car when I bought it.If you are looking for plug access forget it!Can you say SNAKEPIT? Look badass though.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:12 AM

I absolutely loved the Hooker Longtubes I put on my 1997 30th SS. they made great power and torque. They are currently on my little brother's 96 heads/cam Z28 and still doing great. PLug access is super and I have never had a problem with any leaks.

I might try the new Jet Hots on my Trans Am, since they are suppose to be just like the hookers.

Quick Reply: What's the best LT Headers in the market today, for the LT1?