LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What's better, LTCC or Delteq

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Re: What's better, LTCC or Delteq

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
.... The OEM PCM also has a rev limiter in it so I don't see why that's any real advantage either. Also I would rather rev limit an engine by killing fuel over spark any day.
The people who run nitrous would generally prefer to cut spark, rather than fuel

I went with the Delteq for only one reason. IT LOOKS FACTORY! I didn't want a erector set of crap on my valve covers and extra wires to run the coils. IMHO it just looks like crap. You can't even see my radiator mount Delteq setup. If you need the Boost retard and don't mind the mess, get the LTCC Otherwise go Delteq.
What mess? Are you saying my engine "looks like crap"?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
The people who run nitrous would generally prefer to cut spark, rather than fuel
On that point I concede the high ground.

What mess? Are you saying my engine "looks like crap"?
OPS! I looked at yours and it looks awsome, but you know your is the exception. You didn't mount the coils where they were intended to be mounted.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Think outside the box....

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun...os/Coils01.jpg
Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 PM

Wow, Thanks guys for all the insite. I would rather cut spark than fuel on my FI setup so i wouldn't grenade anything. It would be nice if Delteq came out with their phase 2 system. I hate that [ do not override the language filter ] opti. So if you hooked up the msd box would you still use that for spark? Or is it just a rev limitor not a digital ignition? A little more info on this would be greatly appreciated also. Thanks again guys.....John

Last edited by Injuneer; 04-08-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 PM

I have Delteq and love it for various reasons that have already been stated a few times. I think either way you won't go wrong....Delteq or LTCC.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Administrator

If you go to either system, you shouldn't need an MSD box. You can get the MSD DIS series for the Delteq 4-coil system. You would probably have to figure a way to run dual MSD DIS units with 8 coils. The point is, the added coils give each coil a lot longer time to "charge" for the next spark, and a longer available period for discharge. You shouldn't need a multiple spark "box".

I've seen the 8 coil system (not the LTCC, but similar layout) support 1,125HP in a blown 383 running 20+# boost, at over 8,000rpm.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:05 AM

Thanks again guys. Injuneer can you please tell me were to find one of these MSD DIS series boxes for my car. I looked on MSD's website but just seen DIS systems for Ford and Dodge. Thanks......John
Old 04-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Administrator

I don't know the exact part #.... I thought that MSD made a box for the Northstar.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:44 PM

Some food for thought....
GM went with the CNP (coil near plug) on the LSx engine which obviously debuted in '97. They had used (and had experience with) the 4 coil 'waste spark' system. Now granted, not stating just cuz GM decided on the 8 coil CNP system, it is automatically superior, as GM has made some bone head decisions (as far as the consumer is concerned) in the past, but 99.9% of the time, their decisions were based on the God forsaken almighty $$$. Witness their decision to go with synthetic oil from the factory, nuf said. Why would GM, with the waste spark system in their past, and obviously at the ready, go with a new system, which obviously cost them a few $$$ to design and implement from scratch? Decision sure as hell wasn't $$$$ motivated AFAIC.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Dude, definitely go with the Delteq. I just put one on my car and its freakin working great. Feels like it gave me a little more power too. And haven't heard much from people about problems with it. The install was wicked easy too, except for re-routing the wires. But still....about 3 1/2 hours. Good luck. Another satisfied Delteq customer.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:04 AM

I don't know the exact part #.... I thought that MSD made a box for the Northstar.
they do I beleive this is it: this should be the right coil MSD-8224

this should be the # for the msd box: MSD-62152
Old 04-10-2005, 09:56 AM

Robs97Z28 Thanks for the part numbers. Do I have to use the MSD coils with their box? Or can I just use the coils that come with the delteq? I wouldn't see why you would have to. Do run one of these MSD boxes? Thanks again..John
Old 04-10-2005, 10:28 AM

No, you don't need to run the msd coil. Nor do you need to run the box. The reason to run the box is if you needed the rev limiter or maybe timing retard. The coil in the kit are fine. I have had the Delteq for about 2 years now and i'm very happy with it. It would be nice if it had a built in rev limiter.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:36 PM

Have anyone have any problems with the Delteq system been mount so low on the radiator. I mean like getting the system wet or anything??
Old 04-10-2005, 12:49 PM

Can anyone plug the site to LTCC? I am interested in getting one. Thanks.

-Dustin-

Quick Reply: What's better, LTCC or Delteq