LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

whats difference le1 HL and le1 1.5?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 AM

that is exactly what is done.

customers get their cam and read the LE1.2, 1.3, 1.5, etc on the back and post that up. It doesn't mean anything really other than their specs were a lil different than the most common LE1 cam used.

Lloyd
Old 12-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
My point was that it is all marketing. Really, why even advertise a LE1.52343452 or LE3.2 if you tailor the parts/cam/portwork to the application? I'd certainly hope you tailor the cam and valvetrain to the application.
He doesn't market them like that. He markets an LE1, 2, 3 and people want it tailored more to there setup so they make variations. Like Lloyd said it helps when buying a used cam because if they didn't mark them differently then when you buy a used LE1 cam there's no telling what you're getting because they are all not the same. I don't see a problem with it, it's not rocket science.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
He doesn't market them like that. He markets an LE1, 2, 3 and people want it tailored more to there setup so they make variations. Like Lloyd said it helps when buying a used cam because if they didn't mark them differently then when you buy a used LE1 cam there's no telling what you're getting because they are all not the same. I don't see a problem with it, it's not rocket science.

It's not a problem, and agree it isn't rocket science, but it is just marketing however you want to look at it. You see threads all the time asking "should I get the LE1, LE2 or LE3?" with responses that are similar to "I got the LE3.2 cam/LE4 head package" So what? It has no relevance to anything anyway - it's a marketing game. If it makes you feel good after spending your hard-earned money, then more power to you (no pun intended).
Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Wow, this tread became interesting. Bottom line, I'll be going with the LE2 heads with the beehive springs and just be going to talk to Lloyd with the the things I would like with my cam and such.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 07:24 PM

It's not a problem, and agree it isn't rocket science, but it is just marketing however you want to look at it. You see threads all the time asking "should I get the LE1, LE2 or LE3?" with responses that are similar to "I got the LE3.2 cam/LE4 head package" So what? It has no relevance to anything anyway - it's a marketing game. If it makes you feel good after spending your hard-earned money, then more power to you (no pun intended).
You have the worst damned attitude. How can Lloyd control people posting they have a LE3.2 cam. He uses it to show there is a difference between that cam and a standard LE3 cam. You are too focused on a damn numbering system and not the fact that Lloyd just said the cams are tailored to the setup of the car. The use of LE3.2 is no different than people saying they have NOS instead of Nitrous. You can't fault the vendor for someone wanting to feel special and say they have something better than what they really do.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 PM

Hello.

I have LE2 heads and LE1.5 cam. After i made this install , i noticed a lack in the lower band of my torque without the power expected. I beleive the problem come from somewhere else but haven't found where yet (the car is also turning way rich at low RPM).

On the upper side of my curve , i have something normal with 395 RWHP.

Anyone with same set up can send me his power curve so i can see what i should expect instead of mine ? (thinkin wrd1972)

Thanks
Old 12-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sporty-X
Hello.

I have LE2 heads and LE1.5 cam. After i made this install , i noticed a lack in the lower band of my torque without the power expected. I beleive the problem come from somewhere else but haven't found where yet (the car is also turning way rich at low RPM).

On the upper side of my curve , i have something normal with 395 RWHP.

Anyone with same set up can send me his power curve so i can see what i should expect instead of mine ? (thinkin wrd1972)

Thanks
My LE1.5 cam is noticably softer down low compared to the stock cam. My LT1 starts building big power around 2500 - 3000 RPM where the stock cam did it around 2000 -2500 RPM. This type of behavior is normal with a bigger than stock camshaft.

Now my stock cam was falling off at 5700 RPM, but the LE1.5 is still pulling hard at 6300 RPM. I have yet to rev my motor high enough to actually feel this cam fall off.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen97Z
You have the worst damned attitude.

Okay, so you're good with it I assume - I called it what it is and you accuse me of a bad attitude Hilarious.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:40 AM

If you want LE cam information from the "horse's mouth", listen/talk with Lloyd (NightTrain66). Much of the information posted by other folks on these cams emanates from the other end of the horse.

Jon
Old 12-21-2007, 08:52 AM

You say that like its difficult to comprehend.
I have no problems comprehending how the package ratings work. To understand the decimal system is basic math. There is a standard for LE1, LE2,LE3. Any changes to those get a . and a #.

If somebody cant understand that, its time to put down the wrench.

Last edited by Dave1980; 12-21-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dave1980
I have no problems comprehending how the package ratings work. To understand the decimal system is basic math. There is a standard for LE1, LE2,LE3. Any changes to those get a . and a #.

If somebody cant understand that, its time to put down the wrench.
you missed the point. time to put down your wrench.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldSStroker
If you want LE cam information from the "horse's mouth", listen/talk with Lloyd (NightTrain66). Much of the information posted by other folks on these cams emanates from the other end of the horse.

Jon
oh, thank god the literary giant made an appearance. we can all rest now.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Okay, so you're good with it I assume - I called it what it is and you accuse me of a bad attitude Hilarious.
Every time I see you post, if it's not an AI product it's not real world results. How about you not criticize on pure speculation. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are doing nothing good for anyone besides making the person who asks a question more confused than when they opened the thread. If you don't understand the LEX.X way of cams that Lloyd and Brent are using then don't try to confuse everyone else with you. Try being an all around cool guy for a change.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen97Z
Every time I see you post, if it's not an AI product it's not real world results. How about you not criticize on pure speculation. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are doing nothing good for anyone besides making the person who asks a question more confused than when they opened the thread. If you don't understand the LEX.X way of cams that Lloyd and Brent are using then don't try to confuse everyone else with you. Try being an all around cool guy for a change.
Accuse me of generalizations, then generalize yourself? Uh, okay. Never mentioned AI, or anyone else besides the topic of the OP question. I'm not at all confused with the marketing employed to sell 'packages' (or the whole decimal point mathematical concept) and I only posted to help the OP understand it for what it is. As mentioned, the OP should just call Lloyd for the 'package' that suits his needs and not get caught up in this marketing number drama. You have the right to disagree and if you don't like what I post or think I'm 'uncool', then please add me to your ignore list like Bert has.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 PM

Never said you mentioned them. Just said that if it isn't coming from their shop you automatically are skeptical. I didn't see past all the ridicule for the fact that you stated he should call Lloyd.

Quick Reply: whats difference le1 HL and le1 1.5?