LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Where in the heck is everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 AM

Where in the heck is everyone?

I remember when the LT1 Tech forum was the biggest forum on this site, even after the LS1s came out. Now it's an afterthought. I spent a great deal of time on this site during 2000 - 2003. I come back about once per year to get help with my car problems and my issues are always solved by the experts.

When I came here to post about my car not starting on Monday, I noticed that the LT1 Tech forum is almost like a ghost town. There are maybe 10 or 20 news posts per day.

I realize that the new Camaros are out but where are all the LT1 guys? Are we slowly fading away into nothingness? I hardly ever see 93 - 97 models on the road anymore.

I'm glad to see that Injuneer and Shoebox are still around, but where has everyone else gone?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:27 AM

*crickets*
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
I'm here, but I don't really know that much, unless you have questions about ****.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 AM

Well, you have to figure, every year that passes more LT1's are not longer on the road. Some break down and end up being crushed or left to rot in a junk yard. Some are wrecked and then junked. Some are stolen and parted out and others are just parted out to keep other LT1's alive. It's been 13 model years since an LT1 car has rolled off the line. We're still out here, but many have chosen to go the LS rought and also the Import crowd has eaten up a lot of potential young customers of Ford and GM muscle cars over the past 10 years.

Last edited by bkpliskin; 12-17-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 AM

Perhaps LS1's got cheaper and people "upgraded"

Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
Perhaps LS1's got cheaper and people "upgraded"

Could be. But then where are the people at that bought their LT1 from them when they "upgraded"? I guess there could be some people who just stop taking care of their LT1 or just have it sitting in a garage somewhere rotting.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:56 AM

I guess we are all growing up too (and running out of money).

Could be economy woes?

I don't drive my TA more than once a month these days (if that) and still am worried about being arrested every time!!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by 96LT1TX
I guess we are all growing up too (and running out of money).

Could be economy woes?

I don't drive my TA more than once a month these days (if that) and still am worried about being arrested every time!!
I worry about the same thing!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:18 AM

This time of year, the forums are always slow. People are busy, plus some cars are put up for winter.

More "other" LT1 forums than there was in the past.

Economy.

Age of LT1.

Some of the sub forums are getting few posts.

The forums are not an "afterthought" for those that are using them.

**I do still see threads of "new" owners, though. Personal emails to me for help have not dropped much, same with visits to my website. Sadly, donations aren't so great.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM

after i came back i noticed not much going on around here either, hopefully things pick back up again. seems like most of the posts are from new people who's car didnt start this morning.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by shoebox
This time of year, the forums are always slow. People are busy, plus some cars are put up for winter.

More "other" LT1 forums than there was in the past.

Economy.

Age of LT1.

Some of the sub forums are getting few posts.

The forums are not an "afterthought" for those that are using them.

**I do still see threads of "new" owners, though. Personal emails to me for help have not dropped much, same with visits to my website. Sadly, donations aren't so great.
I think a lot of it is the economy/jobs as I hardly see anyone out in sports cars anymore and wages continual are on the decline in the US (we have to fill up China's cup somehow right?).
I made a donation to you shoebox. Thanks for all the years of LT1 support. Although a lot of the stuff is in my head it is nice to find a lot of the part number info and torque specs,etc on your site.

Matt
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 AM

Indeed, even though I rarely post in this forum, I do read it a lot, and traffic is way down. But, this has to be expected...these cars are old, and I'm sure the majority of people that had these cars in their heyday have moved on. If mine was a DD (it never has been, and never will be), I'm sure mine would be gone and I would've moved on to a newer LSx car as well.

Try owning a TBI car on thirdgen.org
Old 12-17-2009, 11:50 AM

If you think the LT1 forum is bad, how do you think the AMC Gremlin forums are going lately?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:02 PM

Hell if you think the LT1 specific forum is bad, try posting asking a question in any of the 1967-2002 Specific Discussion forums... I posted a question in there almost a week ago and I haven't even gotten one reply. 25 threads on the 1st page of the Suspension, Chassis, and Braking forum and there's 5 threads with 0 replies and only 4 threads with 10 or more replies. Anymore it seems like you HAVE to post the questions in the LT1 specific forum just so people will look at it.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
Could be. But then where are the people at that bought their LT1 from them when they "upgraded"? I guess there could be some people who just stop taking care of their LT1 or just have it sitting in a garage somewhere rotting.
Different demographics.

I would assume that they buy the car, daily drive it for a while, then they might look into buying a exhaust and find us searching google for "1994 Camaro Exhaust" or something.

Don't get me wrong, there's lots of contributing factors.

I don't post a whole lot, but I never did. I also don't have a lot of interest in my car (researching mods, etc.) right now because I'm a full time student with a part time job. School is expensive. School + work is time consuming.

That's me though.

Quick Reply: Where in the heck is everyone?