LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Where in the heck is everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Old 12-17-2009, 12:21 PM

People are actually parting out their modded cars and turning cars back to stock. The LT1 has been thoroughly worked and there isn't too much that hasn't been done with it, so it's kind of at the end of it's lifecycle. I would say a lot of the original LT1 owners have gone onto home ownership, family responsibilities, and newer cars and it's mostly younger people buying older LT1s cheap with problems getting them to run instead of people learning about them and trying out new parts, and the for sale section is real telling - people are just dumping parts.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM

</o=- "New" LT1 owner (thanks to engine swap) and runs great. :P
Old 12-17-2009, 12:56 PM

i got my first lt1 running about a month ago before i had to put it away for winter but i didnt even go on any forums when i had questios because i had a good friend that worked on them for years and he now the ins and outs of them and he is a member on this forum so maybe thats is what is going on people know people that know lt1s and i love my car i cant compare it to my 79 z that has a built 355 it a night and day difference.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:02 PM

Not much LT1 activity where I'm at. I'm always looking for upgrades/aftermarket and its hard enough finding LT1 owners. I'm sure a good portion of the crowd moved onto the LS1.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
Different demographics.

I would assume that they buy the car, daily drive it for a while, then they might look into buying a exhaust and find us searching google for "1994 Camaro Exhaust" or something.

Don't get me wrong, there's lots of contributing factors.

I don't post a whole lot, but I never did. I also don't have a lot of interest in my car (researching mods, etc.) right now because I'm a full time student with a part time job. School is expensive. School + work is time consuming.

That's me though.
I'm just now finishing up school and I've been working a full time and a part time job all the way through. I know what you mean. But I still put in a lot of time and money as well as research over the past couple years. It's all been worth it. I just landed a management gig yesterday so I'll finally have the money to button everything up by summer time... which I am incredibly psyched about. It's finally all coming together (life/success, that is).
Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Just a matter of which dies off first.... the LT1 or me.

That's what happens when you're a card carrying member of NHRA and AARP.

Might want to check out the New Member Introduction forum. Seems like there are a couple new LT1 owners every week. Encourage them to become active.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 AM

Not near as much feedback as there used to be

I feel that we as advisers get less feedback from the people asking questions than we used to. So either they don't let us know what the problem turned out to be. Or they want to go off in a different direction even though they asked and got an entirely different course of action from us. Typical example:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...18#post6206418

Or it seems that more disagreements get started than used to in the past and Fred ends up locking the post. Just more frustration.

So for me it's kind of anticlimactic. (there's a $4 word) So I visit less than I used to. At one point in time in the past I really looked forward to coming here on a daily basis. Now not so much

Last edited by Guest47904; 12-18-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Blown 95 TA
People are actually parting out their modded cars and turning cars back to stock. The LT1 has been thoroughly worked and there isn't too much that hasn't been done with it, so it's kind of at the end of it's lifecycle. I would say a lot of the original LT1 owners have gone onto home ownership, family responsibilities, and newer cars and it's mostly younger people buying older LT1s cheap with problems getting them to run instead of people learning about them and trying out new parts, and the for sale section is real telling - people are just dumping parts.
"Kevin Blown 95 TA", now there's a name I recognize from the good 'ole days.

Do guys like Brent Franker or Gripenfelter ever frequent this forum anymore or did they get one of those purdie new Camaros? I can definitely see Brent driving around in a yellow 2SS right about now.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:49 AM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
I hope someone will be around to answer my questions. At the pace I'm going, I figure I have 10-15 years before I'll be able to actually drive my car again.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:51 AM

The forum activity goes in waves depending on season.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Most of the Old Guard is gone, I just started hanging around again after buying a "new" 96 Formula. I honestly look for answers to my questions (which are few after having multiple 4th gens since 1995) over on 'Tech. The search feature here is kind of whack and traffic seems dead so I have to go where the people/answers are. I hate the atmosphere over there though, very juvenile and combative.

Oh, and it's good to see some of the more knowledgeable veterans such as Injuneer and Shoebox are still here.

Last edited by VIPRETR; 12-18-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
This time of year, the forums are always slow. People are busy, plus some cars are put up for winter.

More "other" LT1 forums than there was in the past.

Economy.

Age of LT1.

Some of the sub forums are getting few posts.

The forums are not an "afterthought" for those that are using them.

**I do still see threads of "new" owners, though. Personal emails to me for help have not dropped much, same with visits to my website. Sadly, donations aren't so great.
I usually don't use your site but I send folks there often enough so
I threw you a couple of bones MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:02 PM

Im trying to post on here again after not really even going to the site for 3 or 4 years. I just dont have the time to be online like i used to. Most of my posts were made while i was building my first motor in the high school auto shop.

On a happier note i sold my engine to my dad and we are putting it into his 73camaro. Im on the way to Kentucky to pick up a 97 Camaro from a member on here. Its got a turbo on it and im not to familar with forced induction so ill be on here more.

I still really like the lt1s and will probably have this car for awhile.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm still checking in almost every day, old habits are hard to break. Hell, if it wasn't for this site I don't think my car would have turned out half way decent. You just have to figure out who to listen to. Besides the regulars already mentioned I would like to give a shout out to speedygonzales. I've always enjoyed reading his replys when he's helping people out.

Quick Reply: Where in the heck is everyone?