LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

wheres a cheap place to buy t-tops and door seals

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 03:14 PM

wheres a cheap place to buy t-tops and door seals

i need t-top and door seals for my 96z28 there leaking alot, is there a place that sells them cheap thanks, chas
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 PM

Fparts salvage. www.fparts.us
will have them from a wrecked car for pretty cheap. If you want new ones, a cheap place might be from Jason Crommer, factory direct from GM. Do a search for him
Old 07-24-2003, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by fbird95
Fparts salvage. www.fparts.us
will have them from a wrecked car for pretty cheap. If you want new ones, a cheap place might be from Jason Crommer, factory direct from GM. Do a search for him
i found them already, i wouldnt buy them used only run into problems again, year one has them for 120 bucks a side
Old 07-24-2003, 01:55 AM

You may want to try making some adjustments before spending your money. Sometimes it is either that the window needs to be adjusted up so that it makes a better seal with the T-top. Or it could be that you need to make adjustments to the brackets that line the T-top up with the window and the frame on the car. This is done by removing the plastic caps on the car (not the T-top) where the outside corners of the T-top meet the corner of the windshield and the corner of the roof of the car. Under these plastic caps are the adjustment brackets for the T-top. You may either need to play with the thickness of the shim for the bracket or move the position of the bracket. Hope this helps and saves you some cash. I would hate to see you order new T-tops and seals only to discover that they leak as well because you needed to make adjustments.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by browneye97ss
You may want to try making some adjustments before spending your money. Sometimes it is either that the window needs to be adjusted up so that it makes a better seal with the T-top. Or it could be that you need to make adjustments to the brackets that line the T-top up with the window and the frame on the car. This is done by removing the plastic caps on the car (not the T-top) where the outside corners of the T-top meet the corner of the windshield and the corner of the roof of the car. Under these plastic caps are the adjustment brackets for the T-top. You may either need to play with the thickness of the shim for the bracket or move the position of the bracket. Hope this helps and saves you some cash. I would hate to see you order new T-tops and seals only to discover that they leak as well because you needed to make adjustments.
i was told by my body shop guy that the seals are worn out thats why its leaking, so i doubt adjusting them would do anything, and im sure if they needed to be he would have done that, instead of having a puddle of water in my car all the time ill buy new seals, but thanks for your help anyways