LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Who has Installed Pacesetter shorties or any shorties on there own?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:06 AM

Who has Installed Pacesetter shorties or any shorties on there own?

Im very curious about trying a header install myself. Anybody have any insight or tricks to pass along? I have done radiators and other various things in the car but never attempted anything like this. Please let me know! Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 AM

Re: Who has Installed Pacesetter shorties or any shorties on there own?

Ive installed hooker longtubes and it was kind of a pain because they didnt fit to well and still dont lol. I would go with pacesetter longtubes becaue ive heard there shorties are junk.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 AM

Re: Who has Installed Pacesetter shorties or any shorties on there own?

Installing any header is time consuming, but is not hard. When I installed my SLP shorties the engine was out of the car so it was easy. I just installed my Pacesetter LT's with the engine in the car and I would say that it was easy as well. You have to take off the y-pipe and disconnect the steering linkage, take out your plugs so you don't break one off in the head and then disconnect AIR if you have it. Other than that it is pretty straight forward. Everything will come out and go in from the bottom fairly easy. Some people say you have to jack the motor up a little and I'm sure there are other tricks that people have had to use, but not everyone has to do it. Just remember it takes time, lots of time. The hardest part for me was unbolting the SLP headers themselves because the space constraints.