LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Who wants to relocate the alternator and KEEP the AC??? IN HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 04:33 PM

Not knocking anything considering who I am, but how is it going to be driven? Wont an underdrive pulley be required? No way to route the belt from the pass side of the motor to the drive side of the motor with one belt as far as I know, unless another idler is there somewhere, but no room for that. Just curious, hopefully this is something you already thought of.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:17 PM

The questions you guys are asking are beyond my knowledge. That is apart of the R&D, research and development. My motor will be delivered to them this sunday, from there they figure out how to do it, and what it needs. When it is done, the people who have agreed to pay and test this unit will have it and install it. Other then to say it WILL be done, and it WILL work, I cant give specifics. I dont have them because it hasnt been created yet. Only visualized, and dreamed of. It appears I have 5 people, so the quota is met. I will put a email together to those who jumped on board. I will be needing your money orders sent out next week. You will get info in your email soon, so make sure the email you have is correct. Otherwise you can contact me at dreamer1q@michiganspeed.com or on the michiganspeed.com forums.

Q
Old 01-14-2004, 09:24 PM

You guys that have gotten into this deal can be rest assured that the final product will be top notch! I know the guys who will be making this product very well and they have always put togather great stuff. All of the brackets for my serp. setup and various things on my 85' will be designed by them. Just thought i'd give my 2cents.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:34 PM

Just curious if this shop knows what the front of an LT1 looks like, when I was designing mine, I thought about drive side, but there is not physical way to route one single belt to both sides, and didnt think people would want to have to buy a $100 UD pulley on top of the bracket....have they told you no matter what happens it will be $200 no more and it will work for sure???
Old 01-15-2004, 12:48 AM

ok, how much for the blueprints/cad data so i can make my own at work?!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:17 AM

Originally posted by jonaddis84
Just curious if this shop knows what the front of an LT1 looks like, when I was designing mine, I thought about drive side, but there is not physical way to route one single belt to both sides, and didnt think people would want to have to buy a $100 UD pulley on top of the bracket....have they told you no matter what happens it will be $200 no more and it will work for sure???
Yes, they physically came out and viewed my motor

Last edited by dreamer1q; 01-15-2004 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:18 AM

Originally posted by limige
ok, how much for the blueprints/cad data so i can make my own at work?!
Buy the design and the patent and you will be in business
Old 01-15-2004, 10:01 AM

If you need one more spot, I'll take it. Can you take the money by PayPal? Any difference on this working on a 93? THNX Dave
Old 01-15-2004, 11:33 AM

I dont personally own a 93, but I cant see it being any different. The CNC machine is pumping 6 out at a time. We are starting with 6 only, so if I have a spot you can have it. I will be sending the emails out very soon. But money order or cashiers check is the only way I will take payment.

Q
Old 01-16-2004, 09:46 AM

Money Orders are no problem. Just let me know. Hopefully they will be done by May for the F-body Gathering.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:39 PM

I have sent a email out to those of you who agreed to jump into this. I have one alternate buyer should one of you back out too, (swingerRRRR). Please check the email address you used for this site.

Q
Old 01-30-2004, 07:58 AM

I am still waiting on 2 people who said they would send money for this, but never did. The first mock up is actually done and the first one is done. It has been installed on the engine, and is going back to the CNC shop for some more fitment. I NEED 2 people who want this NOW. Email me and I will get you all the info you need. First come first serve.....on the first batch. Come on guys, just need 2. Be the first on your block to have one

Q

Dreamer1q@michiganspeed.com
Old 01-30-2004, 08:42 AM

hey i would get one but i am not sure if it will clear the custom setup i got down there. Do you have a pic of it when it was installed so i can see how low it sits?
Old 01-30-2004, 09:05 AM

Whew, not sure if that was a mass e-mail, or just meant or me. If it was for me it was a ""First"" resort. That's the first one I got about this thing. Real pushy if you ask me.
That's ok I like it, shows drive.
Just e-mail me the adress where you want the MO sent. And to who to make it out to.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by SWINGRRR
Whew, not sure if that was a mass e-mail, or just meant or me. If it was for me it was a ""First"" resort. That's the first one I got about this thing. Real pushy if you ask me.
That's ok I like it, shows drive.
Just e-mail me the adress where you want the MO sent. And to who to make it out to.
Sorry bud, I might have crossed your email with someone elses by accident Sorry. Anyway, if you are still interested in this, and want one. Email me at the address below and I will getyou all the info you need. I am at work right now, so I will respond when I get home tonight.

Q

dreamer1q@michiganspeed.com

Quick Reply: Who wants to relocate the alternator and KEEP the AC??? IN HERE