LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Who wants to relocate the alternator and KEEP the AC??? IN HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by 94TA_LT1
hey i would get one but i am not sure if it will clear the custom setup i got down there. Do you have a pic of it when it was installed so i can see how low it sits?
No not yet I dont. Plus Idont want you to judge off a picture of the mock up. Rather you waited till the final product is set and done.

Q
Old 01-30-2004, 03:51 PM

E-mail sent.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:40 PM

hey, i am really interested and know a few other people. Even just a pic of the test one you have would help. I just want to get an idea of how low the alt is going to sit.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by 94TA_LT1
hey, i am really interested and know a few other people. Even just a pic of the test one you have would help. I just want to get an idea of how low the alt is going to sit.
I understand your interest. As I said, this is a first run of 6 brackets. I will take those that are willing to be the first. Once that is done, we will test for a bit and then bring them to market. Until then you either gonna have to trust me or wait But I am sure either way you would love it. I realize that some people will want to use these with different types of turbos and such. But the inital batch is for NA guys. Lets make sure they are perfect before we try to change it again
Old 01-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Hmm I have been trying to get Steve (Steve10) to make this, but he has been pretty busy the last few months with other projects. I am not sure if he has started it or not yet.

So does yours use a underdrive pulley to run the alt on a seperate belt?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:22 AM

Any updates on this Q?
Old 02-27-2004, 11:10 AM

OK, before I say anything I have two points to make.

FIRST, this is the first PROTOTYPE!!!!!!!!! It is not a final copy, and will not look as it does right now. The upper pulley bracket will be cleaned up.

Second, the belt will not ride that close to the crank pully. There will be another pulley to pull it higher on the motor to clear the hub.

Now that those are out of the way, on to the ideas. If anyone has a idea to make this a better setup, please voice it NOW!!!!! Once this goes back for final CNC it will be a done product. So if you have ideas, or suggestions, lets hear them. Also, this is just a little proof for the guys who werent sure that it would happen. I assure you it is a reality, and will move forward in production.

So what do you guys think? Discuss, opinions?

Q

http://dreamer1q.michiganspeed.com/MVC-004S.JPG
http://dreamer1q.michiganspeed.com/MVC-005S.JPG
http://dreamer1q.michiganspeed.com/MVC-006S.JPG
Old 02-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Nice how long until i can get one??

What made you go the route you did, instead of using an underdrive pulley for the serp belt, and use the stock with a seperate belt to run the alternator?

Last edited by kmook; 02-27-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:58 PM

The reason we choose this way was to allow the use of a SFI rated balancer still. If we were to make it a two belt system I wasnt sure that the racers would still pass tech. That would be bad If all goes well the first batch should be running on the 6 test cars within a month or so. Give them time to make sure all is well, then they will become available to everyone. Ken, your message is hard to read, so I hope I understood it and answered what you were looking for

Q
Old 02-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Sorry for the crappy run on sentance

Thanks, keep me up to date as I would like one.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:06 PM

Will do Ken
Old 02-27-2004, 03:03 PM

Nice job so far! Granted the prototype has it's limits (duh - it's a prototype) but you've really got the alternator slung down low and tight from the looks of it. Wanna really have fun - strap on a tubular K-member - might be able to rotate the alternator even more.

Many props to the guys so far!

I'd love to see nothing above the A/C Pulley - but to get EVERYTHING you'd have to do a lot of work - an then running water lines might start to be a pain in the butt.

Last edited by Geoff Chadwick; 02-27-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Anyone else have any constructive critisism's for us? We welcome the ideas.

Q
Old 03-08-2004, 02:59 PM

Looks good but the only thing I am concerned about is the amount of belt that is touching the crank pulley. Is that enough surface to keep the belt from slipping?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:23 PM

Funny that you choose today to ask this. I just approved the final prototype to go to production this evening. We spoke at length about the belt and the routing. I cant remember the magazine that we had there, but it is another aftermarket company like March. They had a picture of their setup that was like 1100 bucks, and the belt had the same amount of contact. I have full faith in the company making this for us, IWINeng.com, and if there are any problems with it actually working they would fix that problem without hesitation. But in the opinion of Iwineng.com, myself, and various other engine builders and hot rod guys that have seen the setup in person, we will have no problems. We should have at least 2 of these running on a motor within a month or so. And once my engine is reassembled I will have it running too. And trust me, I will put it thru the paces. Its not like the guys doing this are hacks, they have done numerous projects like this. They are proud of thier work and stand behind it. That in itself should take away all worries. Check out their webpage and see some of the stuff they have done. www.iwineng.com Who else has supercharged a 73 Aspen Anyway, it is a reality guys, get ready if you want one, we have a certian vendor on this site that will be carrying it VERY soon for you to purchase one.

Q

Quick Reply: Who wants to relocate the alternator and KEEP the AC??? IN HERE