LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Who's gonna be the Edelbrock intake Guinea pig?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:48 PM

Well, it will be fun to start see some numbers from these intakes...they look good
Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 6089wally
Its a 383. Trick Flow heads with a comp cams XFI292. All forged lower end. Its going in my race car. here is a pic of car.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...64_nnLarge.jpg .As of right now the car weighs 2950 lbs. tThis weekend its going on another diet.
Did you do any porting or just bolt it on the way it sits?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 PM

Thats a nice race car!! Good luck on everything and be sure to post the outcome of the motor, im interested in what kind of power it puts down.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 PM

We only gasket matched the ports, which didn't take much work. Someday down the road I might do more. Funds are tight with all the new goodies.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 AM

did you take any pics of the runners from underneath? I'm curious to know it the "ski jump" is the same or less. Looks like the casting has a recessed area for the injectors which tells me the runners are more of a straight shot to the head vs a stock runner that has the "ski jump" runner shape.

BTW, I dont think anyone was saying the intake would be a junk, they were all complaining that it has been advertised for sale since fall of last year. Its about time they came out.

BTW, it looks good...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:33 PM

i installed my new edelbrock lt1 intake and 52mm throttle body on my mildly built 95 z with high hopes,went to the track and lost a tenth in the quarter mile with the same mph as before?what a bummer,spent 600 bucks with no improvement????
Old 06-23-2007, 01:49 PM

I am a BIG skeptic of the Edelbrock intake but I think you need to look into what the weather was for both nights before saying you lost a tenth.

Last weekend at Gateway I was running 12.8-9 on slicks, but I have run 12.7 on street tires at Great Lake Dragaway, can't blame the tires as the weather difference was about 60degrees, the barometer was lower too.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM

the only way to tell would be on a dyno...i don't think it would be enough to notice at the track...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by SSLSILVR
i installed my new edelbrock lt1 intake and 52mm throttle body on my mildly built 95 z with high hopes,went to the track and lost a tenth in the quarter mile with the same mph as before?what a bummer,spent 600 bucks with no improvement????
Same mph as before. That is something to consider. You were running in summer time air and you ran the same mph as "before". Wouldn't you consider that an improvement?

Let's see a couple runs with your old intake and the new intake at the same track at the same day. That would be good info.

Karl
Old 06-23-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by quickSS
Same mph as before. That is something to consider. You were running in summer time air and you ran the same mph as "before". Wouldn't you consider that an improvement?

Let's see a couple runs with your old intake and the new intake at the same track at the same day. That would be good info.

Karl
You've made some good points, one trip to the track after a mod really doesn't prove anything (good or bad).

When I'm at the track and running a few tenths slow, I ask around and often find everyone is slow on that day (weather or possibly track conditions).

WD
Old 06-23-2007, 09:28 PM

Karl, I know you REALLY want this to be worthwhile, and again I will say this "test" means nothing till we know eather conditions.
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528167
There he says it was 2 weeks apart, weather is still a varuiable but it is not the April-June and ran the same I think you were hoping for.
Apparently it is a pretty potent car too.

ZL1modified, dynos are for bench racing, the track is the measure of performance.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Karl, I know you REALLY want this to be worthwhile, .................
That is not true Dwayne. I want to test it and see tests. I don't want to wish it worthwhile or not worthwile.

Know one thing though, if it's as good as stock then it's a good intake in my opinion.

Karl
Old 06-24-2007, 07:39 AM

Know one thing though, if it's as good as stock then it's a good intake in my opinion.

Karl
why would you spend 400.00 on something thats only "as good as stock!"
not putting you down but why spend that kind of money on something to get "stock results?"
I like the intake and the idea behind the "air gap" style but if I get nothing for performance and all i'm getting is looks then my money will go elswhere. {my .02}
Old 06-24-2007, 10:07 AM

track conditions were similar but definently not the same,same 60 foot times,actually slightly better,because i had more gas in the tank,but the humidity i think was higher so that could have played a factor,and the tempurature was higher,so i guess to run the same MPH is good?? i guess i was expecting more? thanks for all the input.it does look alot better,i am going to try and wait for a cooler night and see what happens,should i change the computer tune at all or check anything?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by hosspwr94
why would you spend 400.00 on something thats only "as good as stock!"
not putting you down but why spend that kind of money on something to get "stock results?"
I like the intake and the idea behind the "air gap" style but if I get nothing for performance and all i'm getting is looks then my money will go elswhere. {my .02}

You spend $400 on the intake if you want a new intake for a crate motor LT1. A new GM intake cost just as much or more than the Edelbrock. It's as simple as that.

Quick Reply: Who's gonna be the Edelbrock intake Guinea pig?