LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

why is my Borla so loud

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 05:52 PM

I will look for pressure plates after I get the pipe open. Maysomeone is selling any?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

"I love my camaro, but I am a new grad student in a place where everyone is pretentiously nice, smart, and driving Toyota Prio's/saturns..."

Do you want to be a Saturn Driver? Do you really want a car with 89hp that can get torn apart by any 21speed moutnain bike?

"My new girlfriend didn't see my car yet too, and she is very nice girl too."

If your girl doesn't like your car time to leave her on the side of the freeway. Most women like that never allow you to have anything other than a minivan in your driveway...you know how many Women make thier hustbands get ride of thier hotrods? Everytime I'm at the shop and I'm working on my Z someone comes up to me and starts telling me about thier old SS's or Charger or something and then they get teary eyed and start telling me about how thier wife made them sell it. A real shame. Don't ever let a woman influence what you drive. Your car is like your *****. You've gotta let everyone know how big they are. You can't really be hardcore in a Metro? can you?

"For all the people I know around my Engineering college, car is just a mean of transportation, and for me it means much more. My right leg's position is very closely related to my smile."

"Engineering college" Most engineering students are nerds that can't even change thier own oil. I used to be an engineering major and discovered that first hand. Unless your engineering designs for a 600hp DOHC Small block forget trying to fit in with the crowd.

Leave your pipes open! Making noise is what it's all about!
Old 11-25-2003, 06:49 PM

""Engineering college" Most engineering students are nerds that can't even change thier own oil"

You are so right, I already helped two students to change oil, gave some advice on breaking in a car. These people know nothing about making cars faster, don't even care about this kind of stuff.

Last girlfriend I had loved fast cars,motorcycles....she had a guys mind in everything, it was geat. But after we broke up, I tried looking for somebody nice and different, and I found . So far I am acting like the nicest guy, and it works.

"Your car is like your *****. You've gotta let everyone know how big they are. You can't really be hardcore in a Metro? can you?"

You are right man, I was trying to change, but I guess I will never grow up. I love being in this board. There are so many people who have similar ideas. After I get one mod in,I am already thinking about another

Last edited by tanker; 11-25-2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:36 PM

tanker does your car sound like THIS? This is with my smallest plate installed I have a DMH E-Cutout on the way for the borla well supose to ship out on the 1st. PM if you want my plates. When I got my car it allready had the borla installed and I broke 1 bolt off trying to get it apart then I heated up the other 2 with a torch untill they were red and used an impact to get them out. the one I broke I heated it up and turned it out the back with vise grips. Good Luck on it
Old 11-25-2003, 07:42 PM

Once you get the bolts off, apply some anti-seize on them.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:19 PM

funina91ss, my Borla sounds very similar, maybe a bit louder, but the recording could have reduced sound. You have one mean machine . Do you have inline brake lock toget such burnout? I will let you know about the plates after I will open my pipe and see how it sounds without any pressure plate. I might be getting a DMH cutout too.

I already got the bolts off. Now I bought a tourch and will see what happens. Hopefully, ater I heat it up, I will be able to split the pipes with hammer and big screwdriver
Old 11-25-2003, 08:58 PM

I have a SLP line lock your car is probally louder I have the smallest plate in it now. There is more video's in the sig..

FYI there is a gp going on the DMH Cutout's 150 shipped.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:19 PM

Before the turbo, I had a Borla system with no cat. I got tired of changing the baffles, and picked up a used adjustable cut out. It worked great. Closed quieted down, opened loud, or in the middle.

Here is one of the places that make them
http://www.dmhperformance.com

EE student FAU
Old 11-26-2003, 12:04 AM

Just found out why my borla was so loud When I opened the pressure plate pipe, the pressure plate that was installed was 3",exactly the same as my exhaust. It's time to get into the DMH cutout group purchase
Old 11-26-2003, 01:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by tanker
"You borla is too loud Go buy a honda then"

I love my camaro, but I am a new grad student in a place where everyone is pretentiously nice, smart, and driving Toyota Prio's/saturns... My new girlfriend didn't see my car yet too, and she is very nice girl too. For all the people I know around my Engineering college, car is just a mean of transportation, and for me it means much more. My right leg's position is very closely related to my smile . I don't want to be too showy by driving a loud car, I hoped to get a cutout, but now it seems that its loud anyways.
Who give's a *** what other people think.. Do what make's you happy. Don't wuss out on your car just cause someone else will think it's loud or obnoxious. There's always gonna be haters no matter what. Might as well go all out. There's a difference between just BEING LOUD and being LOUD for a REASON. The reason would be because your car is FAST and it needs to be loud (cam, headers, no cats, etc)

If people don't like what you drive tell them to eat a dick! stop bein a lil wuss!
Old 11-26-2003, 01:18 AM
Advanced Member

Originally posted by InjectedSS
Who give's a *** what other people think.. Do what make's you happy. Don't wuss out on your car just cause someone else will think it's loud or obnoxious. There's always gonna be haters no matter what. Might as well go all out. There's a difference between just BEING LOUD and being LOUD for a REASON. The reason would be because your car is FAST and it needs to be loud (cam, headers, no cats, etc)

If people don't like what you drive tell them to eat a dick! stop bein a lil wuss!
I can't agree more. I have no radio in my car. I don't think anything sounds better than hearing those pistons pounding inside the block and the pipes roaring at 3000Rpms. It's something special that s been missing from the roads lately. Why muffle 40+ years of rebellion?
Old 11-26-2003, 01:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Heatmaker
I can't agree more. I have no radio in my car. I don't think anything sounds better than hearing those pistons pounding inside the block and the pipes roaring at 3000Rpms. It's something special that s been missing from the roads lately. Why muffle 40+ years of rebellion?
WORD

Too many POSERS out there today that watched f&f too many times