LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

why are trans am's worth more?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 11:02 AM

Trans Ams have always cost more than Camaros. This is because the TA has a different style to it. Most people agree that TA's, for the most part, look better than Camaros inside and out.

This is also the biggest reason the Corvette costs twice as much as a Z28, on a much larger scale, obviously.

Bill
Old 03-05-2004, 11:28 AM

Probably because the Trans Am was a more niche market. Thats the whole reason that the Camaro has a little less flavor than the T/A. Flatter, less conforming seats, a little more conservative styling. More for the masses. The Trans Am is marketed with flashier, more risky styling. Monsoon was definetly not standard, perhaps with the WS6, but I know it was an option. Anyone remember that black ram air at the auto show with the "raindrops" all over the body? It was for the Monsoon display. Cool, but what a waste of a WS6 i thought.
I really think they both look awesome, but the T/A always gets my vote. But yea, to actually answer your question, I think they just cost more from the factory...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:30 AM

4th gen Camaro's are cheaper because all they had to do was streach out the GEO Storm put in a LT1 and look what they have, so they had less money in making it.

I never liked the door pannels or dashes, or Seats in The Camaro's.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:43 AM

Also, EVERYTHING is mostly leather in the Trans Am's like the dash board arm rests, center counsel hatch, and a couple other things.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:47 AM

Because they are nicer cars. Factory ground effects, nicer front/rear bumper, and big rear wing. The interior is build using better quality material (not much better, but it still counts , seats are better ect
And the most important part: they look so much more aggressive that Z28. I had z28 before, and I am glad that I replaced it with my T/A

Sebastian
ps. Firebirds are stretched Sunfires with V8
Camaros are stretched Cavaliers with V8
Old 03-06-2004, 06:57 AM

Some of us like the more elegantly cleaner look of the Camaros.
The Firebird bodies especially the TA IMO are baroquelly overdone with their multiple scoops and loud spoilers.
My vert came with the nice dash, leather and all the options.
The engines are chevy so a firebird is an overdone camaro.
But then to each his own.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:03 AM

Originally posted by whatsup
The main reason I think is that "Pontiac" is considered a a higher quality product than Chevrolet, and a "Buick" is considered higher than that, and, "Cadilac" is higher yet. Weather or not there is any truth in that who knows but that's probably why.
All GM quailty is flat out ****-poor. I still don't understand how people can go out and pay 70 grand for a fancy Tahoe that has "Escalade" badging. However, that's beside the point .

A T/A costs more money brand new. Both cars lose their value fairly equally, so its fairly logical why one would cost more than the other.

Now, why the TA costs more? Ground effects and motorized headlights probably factor in the biggest price bump.

Ryan
Old 03-06-2004, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by 96-speed
Now, why the TA costs more? Ground effects and motorized headlights probably factor in the biggest price bump.

Ryan
Don't forget that the T/A was pontiac's flagship car for quite some time too. You're gonna pay for that, just like the Corvette.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:47 PM

They may be worth more for many reason but if you ask me nothing beats a pulse pounding camaro. Style flare and pavement pounding power. just my .02 cents
Old 03-11-2004, 04:42 PM

Leather seats not from "downers" like camaro.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by PUREPWR T/A
Also, EVERYTHING is mostly leather in the Trans Am's like the dash board arm rests, center counsel hatch, and a couple other things.
I think you are getting some materials mixed up here. The dash board is not leather, the arm rests are not leather and nothing about the console is leather.

The seats are leather, shifter handle is leather, steering wheel is leather and the door panels are leather. Just like every leather optioned Transam has been since the 80's.

Unless there's something I'm not aware of... but I doubt it. I've owned 3 3rd gens and 3 4th gens.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:32 PM

Yes he should said "like leather"....but it is better than Camaro's "like plastic" interior (I know I had Camaro before)...
Sebastian

Originally posted by Will84
I think you are getting some materials mixed up here. The dash board is not leather, the arm rests are not leather and nothing about the console is leather.

The seats are leather, shifter handle is leather, steering wheel is leather and the door panels are leather. Just like every leather optioned Transam has been since the 80's.

Unless there's something I'm not aware of... but I doubt it. I've owned 3 3rd gens and 3 4th gens.