LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

window motor + head unit wireing problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:24 AM

Angry window motor + head unit wireing problems

ok so ive tried to put in the new window motor and in doing so ive really messed up the car dont ask me how....today while trying to fix the window motor wireing i messed up the head unit i have installed. ill start out on how it happened, you know the window switch that controls the window going up and down yah well the back of the switch there is some wireing in the process of replacing the window motor all 6 cords got mixed up and i dont know which wires go where in the slots. so im testing the wires and doing trial and error to see if i can get the window motor running in doing so i touched a black wire(one that is supposed to go in the window switch) to i guess what was the wrong slot and it made a little spark and now the head unit wont turn on for more then a second, it gets power because when i put in a cd or eject a cd it comes on for a split second, so now not only do nither of my windows work but i also cant listen to the radio!!!! does anyone know what could be wrong with the head unit and if anyone knows the order of the wires to put in the window switch id really appreciate it thanks alot,
adam