LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

window motor questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 04:31 AM

window motor questions

Well, surprise.

My passanger side power window stopped working properly the other day and I thought it was the motor going. But today the driver side power window also took a trip to never never land....

I was just wondering if there are anything else that might be wrong besides the motors....I hear a buzzing sound, like a small summer, from somewhere near the steering column under the panel when the window refuses to go up, I've removed the panel beneath the stearing wheel but I'm not able to locate the sound...is there some cind of relay or regulator there that controls the power window motors that could have gone bad?

Thnx.

Edit: I found on shoebox tech page the "Express down module" and that's the one making the noise, it cind of buzzes and clicks of and the window stops moving.... is that because of a faulty window motor or can it be the express down module that is causing the driver side power window to not work? Does this express down module have anything to do with the passanger side power window?
I don't want to believe that both power window motors went at the same time......

Last edited by Dan_gearhead; 08-10-2003 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:10 AM

That is kind of weird....I'm not sure if the power windows have a fuse, but you could easily check if it does....
Old 08-10-2003, 08:15 AM

You might consider changing the switch on the driver's side or at least checking the connections on the back of it.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:03 PM

Its probably still the motor...i just replaced mine last night..it sucked and i'm still not all the way done...before mine went out it made a clicking noise down where you talking about every time i hit the button and then it just completly stopped.good luck
Old 08-11-2003, 11:34 AM

I replaced the passanger side window motor today and thanks to shoebox guide it went ok. It works like a charm now by the way.

The old motor had some serious dirt and whatnot on the connections at the connecting plug so tomorrow I will take a look at the driver side motor connection and the switch on the door too see if a good cleaning might do any difference, if not I have to be the only one with 2 bad power window motors in one week.

Thnx again shoebox for all the work with the guides and tech aides.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:40 AM

Just ran back out to her in the parkinglot and hit the switch. I can hear the motor hum but no window movement. I rocked the window (It is sticking about 2 inches up) and it seems to have more movement than the passenger side. I also pulled up and pushed down with soem force and it wont move either way? The motor would be easy to replace but what about the regulator?