LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 PM

wiring issue

ok i am wiring a vesera fueler. i got everything done except the power feed wire. does the pink wire supply power or ground. when i put the ohm meter on it i got a signal on the ground bolt close by. tried to trace the wire back to the ecm , failed at that. did any of you guys use another signal source . i kind of want to stay in the same system. that way if something goes wrong it will be contained in 1 system and easier to trace down. for referance i am talikng about the fuel injector fuse under the hood and want to pull power form it like vesra fueler asks you to do. i have the wiring schemtic in front of me but it doesn't help much. it says power comes from the pink but why would it tone back to my ground bolts lol. thanks for any help
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 PM

If you remove the underhood fuse box from it's base, you'll find that the power feeding the fuel injector fuses is actually a metal plate powering all fuses along that side. You'll also note that there are some empty electrical crimp connections under there, where you can tap in your Versafueler power wire:

Now, if I'm understanding your question correctly:

I'm not 100% positive where the injector fuse power source comes from (I'd have to dig though diagrams), but it's a switched source obviously. The fuel injector fuses / factory pink wire will supply power to the injectors at all times, and the PCM decides when to ground them out -- using pins 3, 4, 5, 6 and 19, 20, 21, 22 on the RED PCM connector. You should have continuity between the fuel injector fuses and those pins.

For what it's worth, I also had some continuity between those injector fuses and ground. Seems like a short or something. Don't know what's up with that, but it's definitely a power source.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 PM

yeah man thats it. guess it was to dark to see the strip under there you are talking about. thanks for the help . i have all the other fittings saudered up and the fueler already installed, damn those cheap crimp connectors. again thanks for the picture and help