Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

WARNING!!! BAD EBAY SELLER!!!! May try to sell here, too.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:55 PM

WARNING!!! BAD EBAY SELLER!!!! May try to sell here, too.....

Seller's name is Bill Perkis. His Ebay userid is nikatopika. Mr. Perkis lives in Morton, PA. He apparently has more F-Body parts to sell, so beware. Here is the lowdown:
On Jan. 11th, I won THIS auction on Ebay for a tubular panhard bar. On the same day, I sent him a check in the mail for the winning bid plus shipping. He "says" it was shipped on late Saturday, the 18th, via USPS, but doesn't have a tracking number because he sent it "parcel post". I e-mailed him on the 25th inquiring as to the whereabouts. He responded that it was enroute, Monday was a holiday, and it may take 7-10 days because of the holiday and it being shipped parcel post. He asked me to wait until Monday, the 27th, yesterday, to see if it arrived, and to update him. Yesterday came, no bar. I udated him by e-mail. He replied that it couldn't have had time to get here, in North Carolina, from there, in Pennsylvania, and that asking for a tracking number was an additional option I should have asked for. He also stated that he had the Post Office receipt for shipping the item, so if it didn't show up, it wasn't his problem. I replied that when I saw the $0.35 tacked on the $8.00 shipping, I assumed that was for delivery confirmation, which includes tracking. He responded that I was obviously a rookie Ebayer based on my post count, and that I would have to learn never to assume anything in an auction. I informed him that my Buyer and Seller accounts were separate, and that I was definitely a "rookie" ebayer, and that it was HIS responsibility to ensure I received my goods. His response was that it's too bad, my loss, I should have paid the extra for a tracking number and different shipping, he wouldn't take responsibility for lost items. I replied back to him today that I would just like a refund, and he could worry about finding the panhard bar, then HE would have wished he got a tracking number. He replied that it was no longer his problem, but that he would be listing more LT1 F-Body parts soon if I wanted them. I contacted Ebay Safeharbor. They instructed me to follow proper channels, which entailed contacting him using the contact info provided by Ebay. I requested contact info. I got it in my e-mail, and shortly thereafter, I also got a message from him stating that any further contact should be made by CERTIFIED mail, or it would constitute harassment, blah blah blah. Screw that. I called him. he called me a hayseed, told me "tough luck", and hung up on me repeatedly. So I'm no win the "I've been screwed" club. I was doing so well avoiding scumbags, too. I even bought my Loudmouth system from a guy who shipped it first and let me send payment after I inspected it.
Does anyone on here live near Morton, PA that might go over and collect my $57.35 from this lowlife piece of trash?
Aside from my woes in dealing with the aforementioned scumbag, I wanted to make it known on here that he is a true scumbag so noone will get ripped by him like I did.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:11 AM

He said you had bad feedback? He bought and sold 83 items on ebay, and there are 4 negatives. I doubt anyone will go to his house.

-Corey
Old 02-03-2003, 08:39 PM

Humm, hes like 3.5 hours from me I wouldnt have minded meeting up with him, i sent some one a gms maf and they never sent payment,on ls1.com so i lost that money on that. Then on ebay i paid a guy 15.00 for something that he lied about and i never recieved, i complained to ebay,paypay and some other agency but i dont think anything ever came of it. Well, at leats it was only 50, though i know its all principle.....hopefully he will get whats coming to him some other way......