Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Anybody got a part number for: LS1 head gaskets and bolts? Mines leaking.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 03:39 PM

Unhappy Anybody got a part number for: LS1 head gaskets and bolts? Mines leaking.

My passenger side head gasket is leaking.
(yeah! )

I want to catch it before it gets anyworse. I found some at Tbyrne Motorsports, but they want:

LS1 head gasket set: $199.99
LS1 upgraded head bolts: $299.99

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Tired of blowing stock head gaskets? If so, these gaskets and bolts are what you need to keep your heads from lifting. The head bolts have a 185,000psi tensile strength and include ARP hardened washers They can be bolted-in with no modifications required and will deliver superior strength over the stock bolts. They can can also be reused without a problem unlike the stock bolts. The head gaskets are a Custom tri-metal product suitable for normally aspirated and boost applications. They are available in various thicknesses and bore configurations. They are much stronger than stock and less likely to blow out.</font>

I don't have that kind of cash right now. I'll be buy derty's rear end cover next weekend, and I need to buy the fluid for that. I was hoping it would be like $20-30 bucks for that part.

Does anybody know a part number, or price? ...and how hard it is to do this.

Milo.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Banned

i got both, i dont know where they are in my garage! I`ll look this weekend or just call a chevy dealer they will tell you! under a $100 for the gaskets and under $100 for the bolts!
Old 09-07-2002, 07:28 AM

Get your gaskets from NAPA, I heard those were available through them now.

The bolts, dont get through the dealer, if you dont have to. Try gmpartsdirect.com, or even Thunder Racing, they have them in stock. Unless you can get someone at the dealer to get them for you at cost.

You do not need new water pump gaskets, or any other gasket besides the head. If you do a search in the internal engine section, on LS1tech.com, there is a complete list with part #. In fact, do a search on the Mich section here, for head gaskets/NAPA, and you should come up with some #, I believe it was talked about already. Good luck.

------------------
hchap63@hotmail.com

01/SS, Black A4, TR224/112, ARE stage 2 heads, lid, FTRA, PMAF, PTB, Grott LT, true duals, NGK, ASP pulley, Vig 3200, LCA, poly TAB, Convo pros, ET Streets, 3300 raceweight. Little bit of juice..

Best ET: (All bolt ons) 11.496@116.42 (1.52)

Current best after Head & cam & nitrous:
10.88@124 (1.60)

Motown Muscle King of The Hill winner 6-8-02. Want some? Get some!!

RIP #3 Dirty Dale!!!