Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Next West Michigan Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 03:18 PM

Post Next West Michigan Get Together

Well, the first get together was good. A few people turned up. Long distance award goes to Grover!

Anyway, I know that I mentioned August 3rd would be the next get together. However I've been checking the track schedules and that date happens to coincide with a Street Car challenge at Stanton. These are actually class heads up races rather than bracket races. Payouts goto best burnout for the class in the first round (I won the last one) and to the winners. Details are listed here: http://www.gofastzone.com/challenge/...llenge2001.asp.

That being the case I wouldn't mind having the next bar-b-que / cruise event on the 4th or the 10th. If I'm the only one racing, then by all means have the cruise on the 3rd. I don't want to tie any one up.

Your call everyone, just throwing out options.

------------------
Grand Rapids, MI
2002 WS6
http://www.sigma-epsilon.org/steve
stevedertien@attbi.com
Whisper Lid, Grotyohann Headers and Y-pipe, Corsa Exhaust, BMR SFC's, McLeod Single Disk, Spohn Torque Arm, LCA and Panhard Rod and much more to come
Old 07-21-2002, 03:39 PM

The 4th doesn't work for me, but the 10th is fine. So here's some ideas I'm having right now:
[list=1][*]Have it on the 3rd as planned.[*]Have it on the 3rd but have it at Stanton instead. Have a sort of tailgate party in the pits. We do this at Martin all the time. Somebody brings a camping grill and we have coolers full of pop and eat hot dogs from the grill and it's really fun.[*]Have it on the 10th.[/list=a]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by derty:
Anyway, I know that I mentioned August 3rd would be the next get together. However I've been checking the track schedules and that date happens to coincide with a Street Car challenge at Stanton. These are actually class heads up races rather than bracket races. Payouts goto best burnout for the class in the first round (I won the last one) and to the winners. Details are listed here: http://www.gofastzone.com/challenge/...llenge2001.asp.

That being the case I wouldn't mind having the next bar-b-que / cruise event on the 4th or the 10th. If I'm the only one racing, then by all means have the cruise on the 3rd. I don't want to tie any one up.

Your call everyone, just throwing out options.
</font>

------------------
~Rebecca
1995 Z28 "The Ride"
dark purple metallic
temporary picture of my ride
Old 07-21-2002, 03:46 PM

No kidding about the long distance, it was close to 60 miles. But it was cool to see you guys again and meet some of the new guys.

Any time would work for me except for the weekend of the 10th.

------------------
Chad Beebe
'97 T/A WS6 M6 Dark Metallic Green
CC 306 cam and some other stuff.
My Car

12.762@109.13 with 1.828 60'
Best 60' 1.816
Old 07-21-2002, 03:54 PM

I'm gone on the 3rd and 4th so they won't work for me. I posted the three pics that I took the other night if anyone wants to check them out. It was great seeing everyone again and nice meeting Milo and Chad.

------------------
1997 Trans Am WS6
White, 4A, K&N, TBbypass,
MAF mods, 160* stat., Air Foil, Borla Cat-Back, Black T/A side decals and rear fill-in by Firebat
Best ET to date: 13.723@103.09
60ft: 2.043

1982 Pontiac Firebird
2.8 V6, A4, t-tops, American Racing Rims - PROJECT CAR

Check them out at http://communities.msn.com/MyFbodyPage

"I live with fear everyday, sometimes she lets me race"
Old 07-21-2002, 04:00 PM

http://groups.msn.com/MyFbodyPage/fr...rs.msnw?Page=1

Forgot to post the link!
Old 07-21-2002, 04:41 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PurpleHaze95:
The 4th doesn't work for me, but the 10th is fine. So here's some ideas I'm having right now:

</font>
    NOW There's an idea! Anyone want to caravan up?
    Old 07-21-2002, 04:52 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by derty:
    NOW There's an idea! Anyone want to caravan up?</font>
    I'm in for that. Even though I obviously wont be racing, I'll still come watch and play cameraman for anyone that wants me to.

------------------
    Chris™
    <A HREF="http://www2.gvsu.edu/~stigersc/car.html" TARGET=_blank>'97 Cutty - "Pull Me Over" Red & "Gimme a ticket" Yellow
    </A>

The Peter Potter Philanthropy Party Project posts perfect prose again!!
    Old 07-22-2002, 04:00 AM

That gives me about 14 days to figure out what the HELL is wrong with my car?!

Today is the worst of it BTW. I know I mentioned somthing to Chad and Steve when I got to Rogers about my car dieing on the way there. I dunno what to do. Tomorrow I change plugs and get the scanner hooked up. Maybe check the timing. If Its all fixed by then I'm up for a cruise to Stanton on the quest for 13's. Stop laughing!

BTW Steve, you don't by chance have a Fuel Pressure guage I could slap on my fuel rail a sec to see what psi I am running at do ya? Corey said I was running so rich when Idling on 28th st. that he could see Black smoke coming from my tailpipes.
    Old 07-22-2002, 09:48 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RedIrocZ-28:

BTW Steve, you don't by chance have a Fuel Pressure guage I could slap on my fuel rail a sec to see what psi I am running at do ya? Corey said I was running so rich when Idling on 28th st. that he could see Black smoke coming from my tailpipes.
    </font>
    I don't have a pressure gauge, but you may be able to find one around town fairly easy. That's one thing I need to pick up some time, just haven't needed one yet. Sorry....

------------------
    Grand Rapids, MI
    2002 WS6
    stevedertien@attbi.com
    Whisper Lid, Grotyohann Headers and Y-pipe, Corsa Exhaust, BMR SFC's, McLeod Single Disk, Spohn Torque Arm, LCA and Panhard Rod and much more to come
    Old 07-22-2002, 05:43 PM

I'm game for a cruise to Stanton. I have never raced before, but I might be willing to try it. Even though, I KNOW derty would walk all over me. Anyway, I am game for that, cant do the 10th, taking the boy to the Toledo zoo for the weekend. Its his 6th birthday. Keep this tread alive so we can figure out what we are doing. Lets not screw this one up.

------------------
    Arrest ME Red 1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible
    just a chip and a muffler, well maybe some headers
    http://home.attbi.com/~mycamaro/
    Old 07-22-2002, 07:50 PM

Alright, so the rules for the race are actually quite simple. For most of you with mild LT1's and even lightly modded LS1's there is a 13 second index. This is better than bracket racing in my opinion. Basically it's like both cars have a 13 second dialin. Fastest one to win without breaking the index advances.

It's a lot more fun that way. It's a bit more cash to enter, about $35 bucks but the payout can be good even for the slow guys. If you put on a show with the burnout in the first round that's 25 bucks right there!

I may end up in the 12 second bracket if I can get my car to behave!! You'll be able to have some good competition and you'll get some runs in prior to the competition to dialin the car for the weather.

I really want to see a good turnout in the 13 second class, it's a lot of fun to watch more normal street cars take each other on. When you get into the 12's and below the cars start becoming drag cars driven on the street. There will also be some cars down in the 8 or 9 second indexes too, which is cool.

I'm sure we can smuggle some food in, no barley pops though . Need some people to film too, then I can make some videos of the event. Last event had some semi-professional video work done. Looks pretty cool. And to top it off the competitors are really cool to talk to.

Just my $1.799 worth!

------------------
    Grand Rapids, MI
    2002 WS6
    stevedertien@attbi.com
    Old 07-23-2002, 03:00 AM

I'd be up for the TNT before hand but I don't think I'd be up for the brackets. Hell I am still trying to get to the 13's. Some slicks and suspension mods would get me there easily. There are a lot of things that would easily get me there I guess.

BTW I found out what was wrong with my car. My TPS decided that it had enough of my beatings. Get this! I could pull the throttle lever forward about .5 inches and hold it there for a considerable time before the engine would respond and begin to rev. I installed a new TPS and the problem was fixed! Wohoo! now if I could get that thing to idle more civilized I could drive with music on

Stanton sounds awesome. Martin is an ice-rink as far as I am concerned.
    Old 07-23-2002, 06:55 AM

I'd be up for the TNT before hand but I don't think I'd be up for the brackets. Hell I am still trying to get to the 13's. Some slicks and suspension mods would get me there easily. There are a lot of things that would easily get me there I guess.

BTW I found out what was wrong with my car. My TPS decided that it had enough of my beatings. Get this! I could pull the throttle lever forward about .5 inches and hold it there for a considerable time before the engine would respond and begin to rev. I installed a new TPS and the problem was fixed! Wohoo! now if I could get that thing to idle more civilized I could drive with music on

Stanton sounds awesome. Martin is an ice-rink as far as I am concerned.
    </font>
    Call Stanton and see if they will just let you run TNT's between events. I've seen others doing that, you may just want to check.
    Old 07-23-2002, 12:26 PM

Question

Stanton sounds awesome. Martin is an ice-rink as far as I am concerned.</font>
    OK, I'm being stupid for a minute... What do you mean, an ice rink? I know it's really slow and the bikes and snowmobiles get to cut in line, if that's what you mean...

But it's also only 30 minutes from my house! Definitely wins the closeness award...

------------------
    ~Rebecca
    1995 Z28 "The Ride"
    dark purple metallic
    temporary picture of my ride
    Old 07-23-2002, 01:16 PM

Ice Rinks are slippery That's basically the point.

Although, depending on the event I hooked so hard at Martin that I blew my driveshaft into four pieces on the launch. It all depends on how well one can prep their tires and also with the track prep.

Personally I think both Martin and Stanton are the best prepped small tracks there are. Obviously a Norwalk or E-Town will be better in many cases. Milan absolutely sucks and launches like it's been coated with 5000lbs of Crisco in the first 60'.

Quick Reply: Next West Michigan Get Together