Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Ohio State wins National Championship!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 12:01 AM

Ohio State wins National Championship!

Ohio State University has won the National Championship for the first time since 1968! I have been watching them with my grandfather (who attended OSU) for years, and I never really imagined this would happen. But it did! We beat Michigan, we won the championship, and we're the first Division 1A team to go 14-0! I'd just like to say that Miami gave us a real run for the money and both teams gave the fans an unforgettable game. Miami was tough, but in the end Ohio State (especially QB Craig Krenzel) was tougher.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:18 AM

yeah yeah since they called a penalty against miami on the 4th down that was called incorrectly.

Miami won that game... the ref that was right there called it incomplete yet another 15 yards away called the penalty.. in the replay you could see it was BS.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT STATE YOUR IN??? WHATS ALL THIS WE CRAP?
Old 01-04-2003, 12:25 PM

I know what state I'm in. And I know I am a U of Michigan alum and I still rooted hard for Ohio State to win that game. Why? Two reasons:

1) I hate any team from Florida
2) Ohio State is in the Big 10. When it comes to the bowl games, I root for all Big 10 teams because if they win, it makes my team look that much better by making it seem as though we play in the toughest conference in the country. BTW - Big 10 was 5-2 in bowls after being underdogs in most of them. I guess we weren't as soft as everybody thought!

Yes, I can't stand Ohio State but still...

As for the call in question, the play full speed in real time looked like a legitimate pass interference call to me. In slow motion it was easier to see it was just a good, tight play - no pass interference. But... If you watch the replay again you will notice the Miami defensive back pulling hard on the recievers jersey for the first few yards off the line of scrimmage (before the throw). That's called defensive holding. At least it is when the Lions (or Michigan) do it!
Old 01-04-2003, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by PhantomTA
yeah yeah since they called a penalty against miami on the 4th down that was called incorrectly.

Miami won that game... the ref that was right there called it incomplete yet another 15 yards away called the penalty.. in the replay you could see it was BS.

Very true Dave, but the game should have never went to overtime in the first place if OSU would have actually kicked the field goal instead of faking it in the 1st quarter.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by PhantomTA

You should read SAM's post in the F-Body Lounge. Maybe Miami had some bad calls, but Ohio State certainly did too. That's just the way college football is.
And as for the "we crap" to which you refer, "we" means my grandfather, me, the rest of my family, all Buckeye fans, and mostly the entire Ohio State football team and staff.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:35 AM

when you said we.. you made it sound like all of us!

i really disslike ohio sooo naaa