Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Played hockey for the 1st time in 6 years.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 01:50 AM

Played hockey for the 1st time in 6 years.

Well I was out to eat with Chris R. (IROCSS85) until about 10:30 stuffing my face at Olive Garden and he invited me to play hockey at midnight, well I've been boxing for the past 5 years and haven't played hockey for 6 years so I am rusty. I flew home and got my stick and somebody was kind enough to lend me pads and skates, the skates were the worst skates I have ever seen in my life so I was sloppy as ever. Anyway I had fun and I wish I had pictures to post of me falling on my *** when my skate buckled under because one skate had half a shoelace and no support. I think you all would have had a good laugh. Anyway if anyone has any decent hockey skates size 11 that they would sell me cheap please let me know, I can't afford much on account of the no job and school tuition and books to pay for but I am looking for something that I can atleast stand up straight on.

Just picture a bad player on the crappiest skates imaginable who hasn't played in 6 years and have a good laugh on me. I was laughing at myself actually but it was fun (atleast my knee didn't blow out which is why I had to stop playing in the first place). I can always go home and beat on my punching bag to relieve the stress Hey Chris, next time we will play my sport.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:09 AM

I don't know what you consider cheap... but I picked up some CCM skates for $37 they also had some Bauers for $39 they aren't the greatest skates... but they workked quite well for me after I had the blades sharpened right. Don't let the weenie at the sports place do 'em.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:20 AM

Thumbs up

naww, Im a one sport kinda guy. I think I proved that when you beat me mercilesly when we boxed. if I can find my other skates, you can have them. Im now worried I threw them away when I cleaned out the house/attic in spring. they could be in my storage though. dont be afraid to buy the skates eddie's talking about, cause they would work fine for ya. at least for a while. no point in spending anykind of car money if your not gonna skate that often. thing is, if you start playing often, then the $40 you spent on skates wont be a waste really if you decide to buy some good ones, but on the other hand, if you buy some expensive skates, and dont use them much, then you wasted some money.

you can go to playitagain sports also and get some good deals on used ones. just look for the ones that arent that beat up, should be around 30-50bucks for some alright ones.

and it WAS funny watching you fall down a couple times , but dont hold yourself responsible cause those skates were prolly the cheapest things Ive ever seen and they were old, dull, and the laces dont help either. w/some better skates, you'll be flyin in no time.

chris