Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

please help..bad misfire

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 05:47 PM

please help..bad misfire

i took my intake off my car and painted it since i am geting ready for autorama. i put everything back on and now i have a serious misfire. the ses light was on because of offroad y pipe but now it is blinkning and i inkow that means misfire. what could cause this?? i do not believe i have a intake leak. could i of broke a injector pulling it out of the intake? i really need someone to scan the car and help me fix this problem. i would be willing to pay them for their time. i should have left the thing alone. the car ran great before winter. can anyone help me? i need the car running in a week or so. please and thank you.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 PM

Re: please help..bad misfire

no loose wires.....im a stressin here
Old 01-21-2005, 08:05 PM

Re: please help..bad misfire

well, you couldnt have done anything to make it run rich exc. 2 poss.s. one is an oring came off an inj. when you took it apart, or two is an intake leak. are you sure you didnt pinch any wire harness under the intake mann. when you put it back in there? I know those things are a pain to reinstall, mostly due to that fuel rail stop on th eback side of the drivers side fuel rail. Id get a mirror and look at the back of the intake and make SURE. other than that, most likely thing is an inj. thats not plugged in or the conn. came apart when you removed the plug. the way to fig. out which one is miss. is to first go through and make sure ea. one is plugged in, then start the car and unplug ea. inj. one at a time and the eng. speed should slow down and get noticably rougher. keep doin that till you find the cyl. thats miss.. since its a dead cyl., Id bet its something to do with the inj. wiring. what about the coil conn.s? did you accidently unplug any of those? another good poss. is did you poss. leave off one of the vac. hoses on the back of the intake? there's either 2 or 3 hoses. cant remember now. big one goes to the brake booster, small one goes to the heater controls and is routed inside the big harness in the back, and the third goes to the egr I think. if you dont find anything wrong with the inj. conn.s, and all the vac lines are hooked up, get a can of parts cleaner, put the straw in it and start the car and shoot parts cleaner at the base of ea. inj.. dont spray a ton, if there's a vac. leak by one of the inj., a quick 2 sec. spray will uncover it. if you hit a leak, it'll run like *** while its trying to burn the parts cleaner. Im sure its something like that.
chris