N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

2 Step rev limiter w/ N20

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 09:06 AM

Post 2 Step rev limiter w/ N20

Just a crazy brain storm here - might be worth a shot though for me.

Anyhow - I am wanting to buy a two step rev limiter - so while waiting at the tree I can give it 100% throttle and have it hold the revs at 3500 for me. Then when I let off the clutch the 2 step switches over to the 6900 pill. Simple enough.

NOW for my question. While waiting for the tree to fall while you have the pedal mashed bouncing off the spark limiter at 3500 rpm - would it be beneficial to let the juice flow at this time.

My thinking is - get the juice flowing earlier = cooler intake, less "lag" (no need to purge) etc etc. Just a fresh hit of N20. I would think this could be VERY beneficial - maybe 2-3 tenths assuming the car holds together on the launch

Leaving the line like this would be a VERY powerful launch and you would obviously need the drivetrain that can hold up to it. But would it be worth it?

The thought of wasting N20 came to mind - but this would only be spraying before the launch for a second or less while your waiting for the tree to fall.

Maybe people are already doing this and I have never heard about it (Im sure some are)?

Any thoughts/ideas on this?

------------------
Jeff C - Utah
1994 383 Z28 M6
Bored, Stroked, Splayed, and Sprayed!
www.nvmyz28.com
Utah F-body Assoc.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:10 PM

Personally I don't like the idea of being on spray and a rev limiter, beit Spark or Fuel Cutoff. We all know a Fuel Cutoff Limiter is instant death, but a Spark Cutoff can hurt parts too. Figure that when the Spark is taken away, it is taken away on odd cylinders on one revolution, then taken away from Even on the next (This is how most Limiters work anyways). This is all great but I've seen where during the "Dead" Stroke of a cylinder, it is filled with Nitrous/Fuel, and although much of it does go out through the exhaust, much of it is left behind. Now on the next revolution, Your spark is back, with that much more Nitrous, and suddenly you have even more Nitrous (and hopefully fuel) in the cylinder which could create a problem. Figure that instead of running a 150hp system, you're now running a 225-250hp, on every other revolution.

Did any of that make sense?

I do know of a guy that engages his system before he launches the car (this is in a High power dual Big Shot plate system 500+hp of spray). However to the best of my knowledge he isn't on a 2 Step, just up against the converter on the transbrake.

Good luck!

------------------
Kurtis Tamez
LT4-396.com
97 Z28 LT4-396
94 Firehawk LT1-396

Team NW F-Body