New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

1995 Camaro 3.4L

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 11:16 PM

1995 Camaro 3.4L

Car gave out on me about a month or so ago it won’t run unless I pump the gas and when it starts and I let off the gas it just shuts off I’ve gotten a can of seafoam and used it for cleaning fuel injectors as it smelt badly of gas when I tried starting it normally so that’s what I assumed it was it worked after I ran it a few minutes and let it sit overnight turned on normally but idled rough and still does the samething before I used seafoam I am lost as I get told to do a full tuneup one of the pistons sounds like it’s misfiring but I don’t know for sure I’m stuck between if it’s fuel injector, spark plugs or fuel pump
Old 07-07-2023, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Re: 1995 Camaro 3.4L

if it smells rich when trying to start, may be flooded. Rather than pumping the gas, which accomplishes little if anything, try this. Put the accel pedal on the floor and hold it there. Then turn key to “START” holding the pedal on the floor until it starts. If flooding is the problem, holding the pedal on the floor puts the PCM in “clear flood” mode.

If it starts cleaner using that method, you have to find out why it’s flooding. Could be leaking injector(s), or a faulty coolant temperature sensor. If the PCM thinks the engine is cold, it richens the A/F mixture for cold start - not needed in hot weather.
Old 07-10-2023, 06:06 AM

Re: 1995 Camaro 3.4L

Originally Posted by Injuneer
if it smells rich when trying to start, may be flooded. Rather than pumping the gas, which accomplishes little if anything, try this. Put the accel pedal on the floor and hold it there. Then turn key to “START” holding the pedal on the floor until it starts. If flooding is the problem, holding the pedal on the floor puts the PCM in “clear flood” mode.

If it starts cleaner using that method, you have to find out why it’s flooding. Could be leaking injector(s), or a faulty coolant temperature sensor. If the PCM thinks the engine is cold, it richens the A/F mixture for cold start - not needed in hot weather.

it started cleaner like you said so now I’ll be checking the injectors fully and also checking the fuel lines making sure nothing is wrong with them I’ll also change the coolant temp sensor while I’m at it and see what happens but I’ll keep you updated only question though I’m assuming it is but while it’s like this it’s most likely bad to be driving it around (I haven’t) just wanna make sure