Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

Paging sleeperZragtop

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 AM

Update on LS1 Brakes... please reply quickly...

Hey guys, the guy that I was gonna buy my brakes from just got word from FedEX and they say its gonna take close to 2 months for the packages to be delievered to me!!

I'm not sure i wanna wait that long!

Its just front brakes... How much would I pay for new rotors and pads from Lordco? I know i've seen a few of you guys say you have hook ups there!!

I'm thinking I might just go this route, or maybe even just get my current rotors turned and buy new pads and use the extra cash to save towards some headers...

So how much for rotors? Nothing fancy, I don't want/need slotted or crossdrilled.. I just want something to last me a year or so until I get bigger wheels and the C5 upgrade...

Hopefully someone can respond quickly with some info, as I need to let the guy know soon if I still want them (I've already paid, but he's willing to give me a full refund as he screwed up on the shipping dates)

thanks!!

Jeff

Last edited by JeffK95Z; 03-13-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:30 PM

Hopefully all will go well, as I just paid the man

The total came to 346 bucks Canadian including shipping for:

Steering Knuckles
Hubs w/ Spindles
Calipers with Brackets/mounting plates
Rotors and Pads

All the stuff has 60,000 miles tho so thats sort of alot!, but the rotors have never been turned... So maybe i'll turn them (what does this involve? I have no idea... and how much and where to get it done?) and get new pads...

Hopefully my brakes lines will fit as well, but even if they don't i'm sure they're cheap...

Looking forward to the new upgrade!!

Jeff
Old 03-12-2003, 06:39 PM

Good guy, no problems....good price, be sure to check if the rotors are not warped....it may be a good idea to get new pads and rotors...Baer's will do the trick ...I have some info on this guy if something happens
Old 03-12-2003, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by JeffK95Z
Hopefully all will go well, as I just paid the man

The total came to 346 bucks Canadian including shipping for:

Steering Knuckles
Hubs w/ Spindles
Calipers with Brackets/mounting plates
Rotors and Pads

All the stuff has 60,000 miles tho so thats sort of alot!, but the rotors have never been turned... So maybe i'll turn them (what does this involve? I have no idea... and how much and where to get it done?) and get new pads...

Hopefully my brakes lines will fit as well, but even if they don't i'm sure they're cheap...

Looking forward to the new upgrade!!

Jeff

...let me know when you get them, I'll have a look
Old 03-13-2003, 04:43 AM

Man.... so much crap just for an LS1 upgrade JUST !
Old 03-13-2003, 11:03 AM

I'm thinking I might end up going with new rotors and pads, but even then, I figure the price isn't too bad...

With any luck i'll get a few months out of these rotors and pads, as I barely drive the car...

But yea, I'd love for someone to take a look at the stuff once I get it, and point me in a direction for getting them re-surfaced/turned or what ever gets done to 'em

Matt, so much crap as in parts? But yes, JUST the LS1, no cash for anything bigger, and at least this is an upgrade compared to just putting on new rotors and pads...

Hopefully I'll be venturing out to the airport and having some autoX fun with you guys this summer as well!!

Jeff
Old 03-13-2003, 01:40 PM

That is a good deal. I spent over $500 for mine and although they were only about 10,000 miles old, the rotors were warped and I had to get them turned. Also, one of the steering knuckles was somewhat rusted.

My neighbour can turn the rotor as he has a machine at home. He charged me about $20 for both of them but I'm not sure if that was a "special" price.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:37 PM

Shaun, thx for the reply... but even if it was a special price, i'm sure it wouldn't cost much more for us normal guys

So say even double, @ 40 bucks... I hope and hope and pray that the knuckles are straight and the calipers are working fine... Even if the rotors and pads are toasted, I don't think it'll be a complete loose...

Also, any chance you can email some directions to your house for saturday? Or even your address and I can mapquest it...

jkelly95z@yahoo.com

I'll be coming from Canada Way and Boundry, so quite easy to get on the #1 highway...

Thanks!

Jeff