Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

cleaning interior question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 05:17 PM

Post cleaning interior question

mine is looking real dirty,what can i clean the seats,door panels,floor and dash?also i got some overspray on my taillights leaving a foggy look.can i use a clay bar on it?or can i buff it off?thanks for the help

------------------
94 Z-28
373's,3 inch flowmaster with dual outlets,3rd transmission,shift kit,2800 vigalante,160 degree therastat,cold air induction,k&n filter,nitto 555r's
SHOW
custom paint job,metallic silver with a single indaglo blue stripe,SS hood shaved everything,door handles,locks,emblem,
antenna,custom molded toyota supra taillights 18 silver ADR racer rims 11/2 eibach springs

car stereo
panasonic 801,5.6 t.v and vcr,pioneer 3way 6.5
DEI 300 and two DEI 1100.s,2-jlaudio 10W7's
Old 06-06-2002, 07:29 AM

The haze on the plastic may be helped by using Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #18 plastic cleaner/polish. I wouldn't try to buff it out because the soft plastic could be damaged.

I cleaned parts of my upholstery for the first time recently too. They say the cleaners available at Walmart, etc. work ok. You want something with foam that can lift the dirt out of the fabric. I just used a dilute solution of Woolite because it foams well and is a mild cleaner. You want to get as much of the soap off as possible so that it doesn't attract more dirt. Also dry the upholstery as well as possible to prevent musty smells. If you have a wet/dry vacuum that would be good for sucking out the soap and rinse water. Don't get the material any wetter than you need to, just work the surface with gentle scrubbing. It was easier than I expected.