Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Zaino Clay Bar and Meguire's.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 02:19 PM

Question Zaino Clay Bar and Meguire's.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Do not use the Meguiars detailer to prep a car with you are preparing to Zaino, the Meguiars has products in it that are not compatiable with Zaino adhesion.
If you do not have Z-7 and want to make the lube with to clay with, all you need is some sort of common car wash, say a cap full in 16 ounces of water.</font>
KevinSS- you posted this on April 8,2001. I just ordered the the Clay Bar and was going to use the Meguire's Quick Detailer to wet the surfacr. Glad I did the search on this! Anyways, I have Meguire's car soap, so i suppose that is out of the question, but I do have some leftover Mother's car soap. Will this work with the Zaino Clay Bar?

Edit: This is a question not just intended for KevinSS, so anyone with the experience please answer, thanks.

------------------
----------
2000 Z28 M6
Arctic White
Appearance: C/F nose badge, black Camaro inserts, SLP Grille, Chrome lug nut covers
Mods: SLP STB, C/F Whisper Lid w/K&N, Borla cat-back

EVER DANCE WITH THE DEVIL IN THE PALE MOON LIGHT?
Old 10-23-2001, 02:32 PM

Do not use Meguiars soap to make the spray lube out of. I made that mistake once. My claybar lasted about 3 minutes before it turned into a sponge-like consistency. It ended up all over the finish of my car. I dont know if mothers wash has the same problem, but dont use Meguiars.

------------------
Chris a.k.a DJ Cobol or NuknFutz99
No F-body yet!
<A HREF="http://www2.gvsu.edu/~stigersc/lakepics.htm" TARGET=_blank>'97 Cutlass Supreme SL coupe - Bright Red
</A>
Old 10-23-2001, 05:33 PM

If the wash you plan to use IS simply a wash, with no additives, waxes. oils, etc. added to it then it should be OK. The Z-7 wash has a small amount of polish in it to help maintain the shine. If the wash you use has some type of additive the Zaino polish will only last as long as what you put it on top of. That is why using the products that work together is much better.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY