Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

This Zaino stuff sounds like the car-freak's heroin. :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 01:29 PM

Question This Zaino stuff sounds like the car-freak's heroin. :)

Heard a lot about Zaino, I've seen some pictures and I'm impressed with the shine level, but I'd like to ask a few questions:

1) How long does Zaino last? I hear everyone saying they've put on 2,534,513 coats of Zaino and need to order more...do you really need to apply it that often, or is one coat every month or two sufficient?

2) What kind of protection does it offer? Will it protect your finish from mild scratches and dust, dirt, bugs etc?

3) Does the Z-1 actually change the chemistry or finish of your paint? If you stop using Zaino, will your clearcoat lose all its original luster?

4) I have no garage and winter is coming. Plus my car is a daily driver. How long does it take Zaino to dry? Can I apply it during the day and be able to drive the car at night? How long before it can stand up to rain?

5) I have the "Chameleon Green" paint on my TA. I absolutely LOVE the way it changes from green to blue in different light. Will the additional shine or reflective properties of Zaino nullify this effect in any way? (I'd prefer someone who has a Chameleon car who has used Zaino answer this one, rather than one of the Zaino distributors, and pictures would help.)

6) My car is not new, and the paint has a few minor scratches/imperfections. Will Zaino make these more visible? Less visible?

Thanks in advance for your patience.
Mark
Old 09-24-2001, 02:05 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by squirrels:
Heard a lot about Zaino, I've seen some pictures and I'm impressed with the shine level, but I'd like to ask a few questions:

1) How long does Zaino last? I hear everyone saying they've put on 2,534,513 coats of Zaino and need to order more...do you really need to apply it that often, or is one coat every month or two sufficient?
</font>
One coat a month seems to be sufficient for me. The only reason I do more is because it shines more with additional coats

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">2) What kind of protection does it offer? Will it protect your finish from mild scratches and dust, dirt, bugs etc?</font>
I'm not sure about scratches, but it will help with the other stuff. Bugs, tar and road grime that used to stick to my paint now wipes off after Zaino. And I beleive its Z6 that is anti-static to actually repel dust when your car is sitting.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">4) I have no garage and winter is coming. Plus my car is a daily driver. How long does it take Zaino to dry? Can I apply it during the day and be able to drive the car at night? How long before it can stand up to rain?</font>
Depending on the humidity/temp/amount of direct sunlight, Zaino can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 6 hours to dry. My 1st and 2nd coats of Z5 were done on a cloudy, humid day and took about 2 hours to dry. My 1st and 2nd coats of Z2 were applied and dried in direct on a clear, 90 degree sunny day, and only took about half an hour to dry.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">6) My car is not new, and the paint has a few minor scratches/imperfections. Will Zaino make these more visible? Less visible?</font>
Depending on the scratch and the location, it could have either effect. Personally, after 4 coats of Z5, the scratches I knew about were less noticible. But due to the shine, I could see a few scratches I didnt know about before.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Thanks in advance for your patience. Mark</font>
Not a problem. If you have any other questions, ask here or check out www.zainobros.com .

------------------
Chris a.k.a DJ Cobol or NuknFutz99
No F-body yet!
<A HREF="http://www2.gvsu.edu/~stigersc/lakepics.htm" TARGET=_blank>'97 Cutlass Supreme SL coupe - Bright Red
</A>
Old 09-24-2001, 02:31 PM

Cool

</font>
Zaino will last roughly 4-6 months with little or no upkeep. I put one coat on my dad’s ’01 Grand Am GT back in April and have not applied any additional since. The water still beads up like I had just polished it a few days ago. Zaino’s longevity is an added benefit to the mad shine it leaves behind! The reason why you hear people refer to the multiple coats they’ve applied is because the shine really does get better with each coat. Plus it is quick and easy to apply a coat or two once you get the hang of it.

2) What kind of protection does it offer? Will it protect your finish from mild scratches and dust, dirt, bugs etc?
</font>
Zaino offers protection against the damaging UV rays of the sun. It will not protect against minor scratches (you can use 3M Part Number 39003 or Z-5 for those). If you use the Z-6 Gloss Enhancer spray, it will help to reduce dust collection on the car by creating an anti-static surface. It helps to repel dust by up to 60% plus helps to maintain the polish that is on the car. Finally, Zaino certainly makes bug removal a breeze (many slide right off ), but always remember to remove bugs within 24 hours to avoid any chance of there being permanent damage.

3) Does the Z-1 actually change the chemistry or finish of your paint? If you stop using Zaino, will your clearcoat lose all its original luster?
</font>
Z-1 contains no abrasives so it will not damage or remove the clear coat in any way. But why would you want to stop using it?

4) I have no garage and winter is coming. Plus my car is a daily driver. How long does it take Zaino to dry? Can I apply it during the day and be able to drive the car at night? How long before it can stand up to rain?
</font>
Zaino’s dry time largely depends on the outside temperature and humidity level. If it is really warm and not very humid, Zaino will dry quickly and can generally be removed within an hour of application. It works best and dries quicker when the temps are above 50 degrees with little humidity. There is a new Zaino product about to hit the market that will help to greatly reduce the dry time.

5) I have the "Chameleon Green" paint on my TA. I absolutely LOVE the way it changes from green to blue in different light. Will the additional shine or reflective properties of Zaino nullify this effect in any way? (I'd prefer someone who has a Chameleon car who has used Zaino answer this one, rather than one of the Zaino distributors, and pictures would help.)
</font>
I have Blue-Green Chameleon too! In fact, I e-mailed Sal at www.zainobros.com and specifically asked if Zaino would be safe on my paint and he said 'yes'. I am happy to say that, after a year of using Zaino, my paint looks better than it ever has. About the only change you will see in the Chameleon-effect of the paint is that it will be more pronounced. My car has never looked better. Sorry, I don't have any pictures online to share.

6) My car is not new, and the paint has a few minor scratches/imperfections. Will Zaino make these more visible? Less visible?
</font>
Another plus to Zaino is that it will not leave behind a white residue that other conventional waxes do. Remember, Zaino is not a wax but a polish and contains no abrasives. If you have some scratches or severe swirl marks, get some 3M Swirl Mark Remover (Part Number 39009). But due to the increased shine that Zaino provides, it may make some imperfections a bit more noticable, but only to you.

------------------
1997 Pontiac Trans-Am
Blue-Green Chameleon

Previously Owned Cars:
1985 Renault Alliance (1.7L)

1983 Chevrolet Camaro (2.5L) 4-cylinder, 3 speed automatic.