Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

ZFX/Z2 QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 04:17 PM

Post ZFX/Z2 QUESTION

This question is concerning the application of ZFX/Z2 to the windshield. When I got done with my three coats of polish last week I had some left so decided to put it on the windows and windshield as I have read that some of you do that. It's supposed to act like a superior Rain-X. Anyway, I got caught in a quite heavy rain, yeah, right after all that work, what a bummer, and when I used my windshield wipers they really dragged along the windshield, almost like they wanted to stick to it instead of gliding over it. They made groaning noises and it was enough that I feared the blades were going to tear off. What happened here? I don't want to use my wipers again while I have it on if that's what caused the trouble with them. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? My wipers have worked fine in the past, no problems at all... any ideas would be great. Thanks. . . BTW, one other question. I mainly used the Absorber to dry my car after washing, not blotting with it, using it just like a towel and afterwards I did notice that my Z6 didn't apply as easily as normal. Almost like there was a film over the entire car. It was really weird, usually that Z6 just whips right on and off. Was there indeed some kind of residue left from the Absorber??? Sorry to be so long-winded about this but it is baffling to me, never had anything like this happen before using any Zaino products.

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 09-12-2002, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by SSRox:
[B]This question is concerning the application of ZFX/Z2 to the windshield. When I got done with my three coats of polish last week I had some left so decided to put it on the windows and windshield as I have read that some of you do that. It's supposed to act like a superior Rain-X. Anyway, I got caught in a quite heavy rain, yeah, right after all that work, what a bummer, and when I used my windshield wipers they really dragged along the windshield, almost like they wanted to stick to it instead of gliding over it. They made groaning noises and it was enough that I feared the blades were going to tear off. What happened here? I don't want to use my wipers again while I have it on if that's what caused the trouble with them. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? My wipers have worked fine in the past, no problems at all... any ideas would be great.

That happens with Rain X or Zaino, the wipers just hop every now and then, will not hurt anything, I just don't use the wipers at all with Zaino on my truck glass, course I can't use the wipers anyway, my truck has none.

Thanks. . . BTW, one other question. I mainly used the Absorber to dry my car after washing, not blotting with it, using it just like a towel and afterwards I did notice that my Z6 didn't apply as easily as normal. Almost like there was a film over the entire car. It was really weird, usually that Z6 just whips right on and off. Was there indeed some kind of residue left from the Absorber??? Sorry to be so long-winded about this but it is baffling to me, never had anything like this happen before using any Zaino products.

If it is a new Absorber, they come packed in a special solution that has to been rinsed off before first use.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 09-12-2002, 06:52 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KevinSS:
I just don't use the wipers at all with Zaino on my truck glass, course I can't use the wipers anyway, my truck has none.

If it is a new Absorber, they come packed in a special solution that has to been rinsed off before first use.

</font>
Thanks, Kevin, for the reply. I have never had this happen with Rain-X, though. How in the world can you have a truck without wipers? If I hadn't had my wipers on I could not have seen a thing, there really was no sheeting action like with Rain-X. But that stuff is such a PITA to apply that I'll never use it again.

On the Absorber, yes, I ran it through the washer before I used it. . . well, must have just been strange atmospheric conditions or something, maybe a "weather balloon" was in the area

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 09-12-2002, 07:27 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSRox:
Thanks, Kevin, for the reply. I have never had this happen with Rain-X, though. How in the world can you have a truck without wipers? If I hadn't had my wipers on I could not have seen a thing, there really was no sheeting action like with Rain-X. But that stuff is such a PITA to apply that I'll never use it again.

On the Absorber, yes, I ran it through the washer before I used it. . . well, must have just been strange atmospheric conditions or something, maybe a "weather balloon" was in the area

</font>
Zaino does not sheet the water on the glass, at speed above 35MPH the water drops should hit the glass and go flying off like tiny ball bearings.

My daily driver pickup is a custom, wipers where removed in 1992 or 1993 and a custom smooth cowl was installed, see it here:

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?U...id=17706003403

(what most people call a custom or show vehicle, I call a daily driver!!!!)

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 09-12-2002, 08:33 PM

Kevin, just out of curiosity, is that legal? no wipers? In MA, the yearly inspection requires that all vehicles have windshield wipers to pass.

------------------
1996 Blue-Green Chameleon Formula
1of70 Chameleon Formulas for 1996
2000 S10 LS 4.3L 4x4 PickUp
JeffsWorld
Old 09-12-2002, 10:06 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JeffsWorld:
Kevin, just out of curiosity, is that legal? no wipers? In MA, the yearly inspection requires that all vehicles have windshield wipers to pass.

</font>
No inspections in TN, no sniffer, no nothing, just run what you brung. No income tax either! all is good.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 09-13-2002, 04:04 PM

Wow, Kevin, that's a pretty cool looking truck you have there. I don't suppose that would be the famous Zaino shine?

Hmmm, I wonder if I didn't apply enough of my leftover polish to the windshield because the water definitely didn't go anywhere without the wipers. It beaded up but just sat there, basically. Ah, well, the rest of the car more than makes up for it, really gleams!

TN is a beautiful state, isn't it? We drove all through the countryside there and loved it.

------------------
Rox