LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

94 Z28 Camaro 5.7 l V8 resistance on the alternator 470 same thin

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2024 | 07:54 AM

94 Z28 Camaro 5.7 l V8 resistance on the alternator 470 same thin

I've been trying to bypass the theft module and have had a lot of issues. The car sometimes charges fine but then stops. It cranks well sometimes, but when I hit the brakes, it cuts off unless I keep my foot on the gas, where it sputters. I've checked all the wiring and didn’t find issues, except for some taped radio wires.

The car sat for 7-8 years. I replaced the alternator, ignition coil, module, fuel pump, fuel assembly, fuel regulator, and some spark plugs. It still feels like the theft system is engaged because it keeps turning over without starting. I tried bypassing it by connecting the white wire from my 5-wire bypass to the ground and the yellow-black wire from the theft system. It worked for a bit.

I also noticed the AC connector is unplugged and dirty with one bent prong. I can’t reconnect it. I've been working on this for six months, but it’s still not drivable. Can anyone help?

Old 09-19-2024 | 09:46 AM
Administrator

Re: 94 Z28 Camaro 5.7 l V8 resistance on the alternator 470 same thin

Let’s move this to “LT1 Based Engine Tech”, where it belongs. Not much tech help in “New Member Intro”.

What does “resistance on the alternator 470 same thin” mean? And how do you feel that is related to your problem(s)?

If the starter is cranking the engine, the theft deterrent relay is working. Or did you bypass it with a resistor for the key circuit, or did you jumper the yellow and purple wires?

4th Gen LT1 F-Body Tech-PassKey/VATS

Did you also bypass the theft deterrent module with a 50Hz signal chip, connected to the dark blue wire to the PCM. Is that the “white wire” you mentioned? The starter cranking the engine also requires the 50 Hz fuel enable signal to activate the injectors. Loss of that signal will set DTC 46. Have you scanned the PCM for codes?

By “checked all the wiring”, did you verify circuits with a continuity checker or was it just a visual check?

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

The A/C compressor clutch (if that is what you mean) being unplugged will not affect the starting and running of the engine.

Old Yesterday | 04:35 PM
Administrator

Re: 94 Z28 Camaro 5.7 l V8 resistance on the alternator 470 same thin

Came back 4 days later, lacked the courtesy to acknowledge the response and clarify his confusing post. Add to “ignore” list.