South Atlantic Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia

recent vehicle break-in statistics around UCF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Banned

recent vehicle break-in statistics around UCF?

there are a few guys on the board that know some ucf cops, what do they say about recent crime rates around UCF? they just passed out flyers around northgate lakes saying that there has been a lot more break-in's than normal bleh bleh bleh.

is car break-in's going to be as big of a deal as it was last x-mas?
Old 12-16-2003, 08:10 AM

Ya one holiday break I lost my SAS Tube, Targa Amp, and Heaad Unit. GRRRRRR
Old 12-16-2003, 09:48 AM

not sure what the statistics are but sinc eI have moved into Orlando.
-I have had my car busted into twice, my license plate stolen once.
-Walked out of my apartment on 3 seperate occasions, to find the car next to mine, on blocks, or window smashed out and stuff stolen. (One time guy had his rims stereo, tailights, and wing stolen)
-My girlfriend's roomate, had her car broken into once, then later had the entire car stolen, took about 2.5 weeks to recover.
-At my work in waterford, I have reported for customers a good4-5 car thefts, and maybe 30 or so break ins, probably more.
-heared from neighbors at my girlfirend's old apartment of maybe 10-20 break ins, one so bad they broke into this guys truck, and it looked like they couldn't get his door, and other speakers out so they punctured the speakers like 3-4 times just to **** them up, since they could not steal them.

Believe me, when I hear the factory GM alarm the horn beeping outside my apartment I rush and pop my head out the window to see if its mine or my girlfriends car, wide awake and ready to sprint downstairs with a weapon. 4 Beeps is usually enough to get me to stand up.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:50 AM

BTw if you are staying home move your car as many times a day you can, so that criminals don't think maybe you flew back to your parents and left your car for a week or something.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:00 AM

Northgate is definitely the worst place around UCF for car break-ins. I was drunk the other night and had to leave my car there overnight....never been so nervous about my car.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:41 AM

Reading this post makes me want to put a car alarm on either my Christmas list or graduation list, as I'm going to UCF next year. Or maybe I can hook up some electrical shockers under my door handles and on my radio, so if someone tries to take it, they'll need an ambulance Or maybe not, but I hope nothing happens to my car next fall. Ryan
Old 12-16-2003, 11:14 AM

If you can I woudl consider getting one...

And bto anyone becareful near waterford, never never never never never never park behind the movie theatre...

our of 17 managers that work there, 6 of them have had there car busted into.

One guy stopped his cars, in front of the theatre on a busy night, went up to see what time the movies were and someone stole his radio.

I bet maybe 10 employees or so got there cars busted into over time..

When the guy broke into my car he jacked my e-pass, for sh|ts and giggles I didn't report it for a week, guy freaking drove everywhere, averaged going thorugh 15 toll booths a day, and he came to the movie theatre (408 off ramp @ coloniol, right near the back of the theatre) everyday roughly 30 minutes before a car break in was reported at the theatre.

I gave the info ot the police, and told e-pass, to see fi they could rig the transponder to make it automaticallly take a pic, of the plate, but nothing as far as I know.

BUt liek I said be careful parking near the theate, always park up front, maybe evven near the suntrust ATM in the parking lot(really well lit) Coming form a manager, that I have almost nearly remembered the Orange couty sheriffs non-emergency number, from calling them to help customer report break ins.

By the way, mall security is useless, don't even bother with them or think they will offer any sort of level of protection, hell they stopped carrying jumper cables to help people in the parking lots.

Last edited by MustangEater82; 12-16-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Banned

its kind of worrying at northgate. i see safety glass broken all over the ground right out next to my apartment where i park but i havn't seen any cars with noticable damage.

my car is basically empty, nothing in it, and nothing visible... even stock headunit. so if they break in they won't be getting much, but i just don't want them to have to break in to find that out
Old 12-16-2003, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by anasazi
its kind of worrying at northgate. i see safety glass broken all over the ground right out next to my apartment where i park but i havn't seen any cars with noticable damage.

my car is basically empty, nothing in it, and nothing visible... even stock headunit. so if they break in they won't be getting much, but i just don't want them to have to break in to find that out
hehe and they ****ed up my door, car wiring(had a couplel shorts I had to track down) all for a 5 year old head unit that skipped...