Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

1le suspension package

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 05:15 PM

1le suspension package

I finally installed the 1le springs, shocks and swaybar package that everyone, myself included, ordered off the internet. I bolted in the rear shocks and springs myself. Ordered some poly bushings from Summit and bolted up the swaybar. I had the front springs and shocks installed at a shop today. They aligned it as well. Let me tell you... the difference is night and day between this package and my worn stock gear. The best $200 (plus install for the fronts) I've spent on this car yet. I realize that there are better shocks than the larger valved decarbons, but not for this price.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:18 PM

Re: 1le suspension package

Does your car sit higher than stock? I hear the 1le springs raise you up a bit.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:30 PM

I just did this as well. The front springs were a little longer than stock, but it seems to have settled down for the most part.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Steve0
Does your car sit higher than stock? I hear the 1le springs raise you up a bit.
I think the springs raised my car about 3/4 of an inch. I'm hoping that it settles back down a little bit after a few months.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:40 AM

I just finished the same setup. Mine does sit up about 3/4" higher. Also hoping that it settles a bit. But the feel is definately much better. The car just yends to stay a bit flatter in the turns.

Kyle
Old 09-08-2004, 12:26 PM

I bought the kit too, I am wondering if I should swap the parts now and let it sit all winter instead of replacing the stuff in the Spring???
Old 09-08-2004, 03:44 PM

where did you guy's get this "kit" from? Does it include the 1LE DeCarbon's, or Koni's?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:10 PM

I'd like to know where you guys got the kit from also. I might consider everything but the springs, and just go with springs from dynamic motorsports to lower the car some.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by JasonK94Z
I'd like to know where you guys got the kit from also. I might consider everything but the springs, and just go with springs from dynamic motorsports to lower the car some.
I got my kit from http://www.gyrhead.com/special.htm Note that these are 1LE Decarbon shocks that were run on early 4th gen's 93-95, that is what I was told.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jakef2003
where did you guy's get this "kit" from? Does it include the 1LE DeCarbon's, or Koni's?
decarbons.

I would say save your money and buy the SLP kit. it will ride nicer, perforum better, and look nicer too. should last longer cause they use bilstiens.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:36 PM

I dunno who started this about 1LE DeCarbons being different than regular DeCarbons, but it isn't true. It's the same freaking thing, check the part number. The decent 1LE shocks were the ones with either Konis or Bilsteins. Maybe someone took their old shocks off and decided to sell it as an 1LE part. Bilstein and Konis do last longer but that's not why they are better, Decarbons are underdamped from the factory and only get worse.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
I dunno who started this about 1LE DeCarbons being different than regular DeCarbons, but it isn't true. It's the same freaking thing, check the part number. The decent 1LE shocks were the ones with either Konis or Bilsteins. Maybe someone took their old shocks off and decided to sell it as an 1LE part. Bilstein and Konis do last longer but that's not why they are better, Decarbons are underdamped from the factory and only get worse.
You are completely wrong. The 1LE decarbons are better than the regular decarbons. There are many sources that can verify this! The part numbers ARE different.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky

Your wrong. plain and simple.

The 1LE decarbons are different, they are different part numbers, and they are better.

They still arent very good, but they are better then stock.

1LE NEVER came with bilstiens, but the SLP package is bilstien.

Please dont spread missinformation.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:43 AM

someone please chime in with how all this compares to the bilstein package?? its on there website as the BTS-7501. is it better than the 1LE or the SLP?? my impression so far is that the SLP is a better package than the 1LE stuff. is the BTS-7501 the same shock/spring in the SLP level one kit?? thanks.

david
Old 09-09-2004, 10:14 AM

The SLP eibach springs with the SLP revalved Bilstiens work together awsome and give a great ride, and supeiror hundling.

the bilstien HD with the pro kit are very nice together too.

Dont get the 1LE kit, its a waste of money.

Quick Reply: 1le suspension package