Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

450 rwhp suspension setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Re: 450 rwhp suspension setup?

License2ILL...Unfortunately, the M/T radials hook like nothing I've seen so far. Obviously, they will not last long on a daily driver. The BFG DRs wear a little better, and the Nittos wear even better still. But neither will hook as hard as the M/T radials. My car is not a daily driver...I do maybe 4-5000 miles a year and I go through a set of DRs in that time. I don't use regular radials so I don't know what hooks well on the street. I'm sure others will chime in with tire suggestions. And I know that most remove their front bar, but I'm determined to keep the handling decent and still hook well. I think my 1.55 60's means I'm having a little success.

Watch out for those E55s. 12.30s at 117 in a 4 door is just sick and I've been seeing lots of them around. Supposedly there's one running 10s not so far from me...You can't give those things an inch...

--Alan
Old 02-06-2006, 07:22 PM

You're getting great results with your front sway bar still on - congrats.

I run 255/50/16 DR's best of 1.61 60' but mine are about 2 1/2 years old, bald and hard as a rock. Will be replaced this year - I get maximum usage out of them
Old 02-07-2006, 07:53 PM

ABA, thanks for the reply.
Like I said I like your setup and results.

I think im going to follow most of your setup.
I'm going with a Ford 9 inch,(plan to have 2- 3rd members to swap between)
And will be going with the Spohn rod ended LCA's possibly the relocation brackets too.
What exactly do they mean by "road noise" ?? how bad is it?? do you mind it?? I'm fairly tolerant so long as it's not out of this world outrageous. You are running the one with rod ends on both sides right??? cuz I dont really want the half poly/half rod end one version.

For shocks im thinking about maybe doing the so called "free mod" drop, which is supposed to use the Koni SA in the front and use the lower spring perches to drop about 1 inch. And then remove the rubber isolaters out back to drop 3/4 inches. This is all I want to drop just for functionality in highway qualities as they say lower is more stable, but I don't want to go too low and destroy drag racing qualities. Let me know if you have any advice here.
This is definitely not for cosmetics I really dont understand the "stance" crowd. Who cares really?? who can tell??

I will possibly go with the Koni SA's in all 4 corners or Koni SA/front and Bilstein HD in the back which seems popular. Does anyone know what lower spring perch they are talking about??? does it come with 2 sets of perches???

Everything else I am going to copy your setup, except for the rear sway bar which I am not replacing from stock, (but will do the poly-ends) instead I'm replacing the front with a bigger one.

And that's it. For my half-breed highway/strip beast.

I'm even going to go with a second set of rear stock rims and mount those with M/T DR's. And slap them on/off as needed. Or possibly buy new rims with an extra set of rears with mounted DR's. I have always loved Convo-pros, and don't think I can go too much longer without them.
MAybe even run 15x8's up front instead of true skinnies.