Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

95 Z28 inner/outter tie rods and A arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:54 PM

95 Z28 inner/outter tie rods and A arm bushings

Well it seems I need to replace the inner and outter tie rod ends on the Driver side and my upper A arm bushings could stand to be changed out. How hard and painfull is this. I am planning on doing it and driving it to the tire store to get aligned.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 AM

Re: 95 Z28 inner/outter tie rods and A arm bushings

As far as the tie rod ends you should have no problem. I have changed hundreds and only had trouble with one tie rod end. I used a couple of 24 inch pipe wrenches to break it loose and it came right off. Just remember to count your turns while removing the old tie rod end and your allignment should be very close unless it was off before.

The bushings are where you will run into trouble if you are not experienced. I would let the shop do the buhings if you have never done them before. I had a friend who playe with changing his and after 3 days called me to go put it back together. It only took me about an hour with him watching and me teach him how get the job done. However it is not a hard job. If you really want to do it yourself it can be done. I do advise you let someone who has done it before do it though.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Re: 95 Z28 inner/outter tie rods and A arm bushings

the guy at the tire store was trying to make the inner tie rod sound like it would be a horrible pain because it screwed into the rack and pinion. I figured it was either front clerk bs or come spend more money bs