Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

98 Z28 Rear Steer.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 AM

I'm having a similar problem but everything but the torque arm is adjustable on my car, the lca's are spherical @ the links, metal to metal, with grease fittings. The panhard is brandnew, as r the lca's. But it feels like my rearend is moving, I found it to be off center by about 1.5 in, and I'm going to shorten the phr tonight to compensate. The torque arm has a new energy suspensions bushing, the tranny mount is supposed to me new. the wheels are tight, the tires are @ 35psi, the shocks r new, the springs r new, I didn't use relocation brackets on the lca's, and they r loud because it's metal to metal, shooting grease into them quiets them down, but the noise isn't a big deal to me because I know what it is, the car did feel stiff and very tight, it turned kinda odd because the rearend wasn't centered but other than that the car was on rails. I went over everything I could think of in the rearend lastnight, I couldn't find anything other than the diff not being centered. Checked out the frony, firestone left the jam nuts loose when the aligned the car, but that shouldn't cause the car to feel like the diff is moving around should it? I do have sfc's, bolt ons that are also welded. This all just started and I'm obviously missing something, everything is tight, I'm out of ideas, would appreciate any advice.