Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

About adjustables....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:41 AM

About adjustables....

so I bought some KYB AGX's and I have a SS I lowered 2inches. I am running 18's in the rear but going to be putting 19's when they come in. So my question is, what setting should I put them on? And do I change the settings while they are under load or not? If anyone could help me out. Thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM

A buddy of mine has those shocks. Get rid of them. We played around with every setting on his front shocks. The car rode like **** no matter what. I would also blame it on his Intrax springs but those shocks will never produce a "good" ride.
The size of rims shouldnt force you to adjust the shock. Unless you have hal qa1's which allow you to adjust the ride height.
The 19 and 18 should be the same size. You picking up rim and loosing tire.
For example: your 18's have 275/35/18 tires, the 19's would have 275/30/19. So you are picking up 1 inch of rim and loosing 5mm's of sidewall. So the overall height (rim + tire) will not change.
On my buddies car we were changing the settings while they were on the car, so yes it was under load.

Good luck