Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

abs delete quesion

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 PM

abs delete quesion

do you need an ajustable proportioning valve when deleting the abs?
the reason I ask is I have done the abs delete without one and when presure is in the brake system with foot off the petal I can hardly turn the fron wheel by hand.(the rear is fine)A the moment I have a strange master cylinder and areospace rear brakes and stock front brakes and line lock also

if I install this valve do I put it before or after the linelock
this is a dragrace only car

thanks

Last edited by rock1501; 07-23-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 AM

Line lock:

http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/staf...lLineLock.html

Proportioning valve:

http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/staf...PropValve.html
Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Administrator

What do you mean by "presure is in the brake system with foot off the petal "? When your foot is not on the brake pedal, there should be no pressure in the system. However, the pads will maintain light contact with the rotor, providing a small amount of drag. It sounds like your line lock solenoid is not fully releasing the pressure, or you have a crimped brake line.

The proportioning valve is for the rear brakes, so you don't have to worry about which side of the line lock solenoid to put it on. Absence of a proportioning valve would not cause the front braking circuit pressure not to release when your foot is off the brake pedal.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
What do you mean by "presure is in the brake system with foot off the petal "? When your foot is not on the brake pedal, there should be no pressure in the system. However, the pads will maintain light contact with the rotor, providing a small amount of drag. It sounds like your line lock solenoid is not fully releasing the pressure, or you have a crimped brake line.

The proportioning valve is for the rear brakes, so you don't have to worry about which side of the line lock solenoid to put it on. Absence of a proportioning valve would not cause the front braking circuit pressure not to release when your foot is off the brake pedal.
I just changed the linelock and its doing the same thing
the lines before the tee are all brand new steel ones if it is a a crimped line isnt it strange that it is equal on both sides?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:57 AM

well looks like I found the problem and I feel like a total idiot right now
it seems with the manual brakes the petal is staying applied slightly and that is the problem(the first thing I should have checked)
anyone know if there is a fix to this other than pulling it up with the top of my foot after the tranny brake is applied(not much time for that on a pro tree)
Old 07-26-2008, 10:08 PM

a spring with a braket welded on the side of the brake pedal might do the trick. just make sure you still have full movement of the petal after install