Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Alignment Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:53 PM
EKO

Alignment Issue?

When I make a right hand turn, and I turn the wheel past about halfway, the tires squeal obnoxiously loud and the wheel starts to pull into the turn rather than back to center. While driving straight, the wheel pulls to the right as well. I recently installed a poly bushing set, but had the car aligned afterward. Could it be that the alignment was not to spec? I asked for -1 camber, +4 castor, 0 toe. They told me that got the camber and toe, but they ran out of adjustment on the castor at +5 (the car is lowered). When I looked at the vertical control arm bolts, they are on opposite sides of the adjustment (one is to the inside of the notch, one is to the outside).

Although I know this problem isn't related to alignment, I figured I'd ask anyway. I have some play in the steering. I recently replaced the rack and tie rod ends, as well as the rag joint. The steering wheel will turn about 10 degrees before the wheels turn in either direction. The steering coupler will move and it appears that the pinion will move, but the tie rods do not. I took the rack out and put a wrench on the pinion, and there is no play in the rack. What gives?