Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

anyone make a spacer for the rear axel spring perches?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 03:43 AM

anyone make a spacer for the rear axel spring perches?

I hate the way my pro kit sits in the rear . my 315s keep rubbin and bottoming out .. wanna raise the back end 3/4"

im gonna stuff garned hose in the springs tomorrow but i doubt that'll do the trick .. anyone make a spacer for under the spring or should i just have some custom machined locally ?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:13 PM

I know what you mean, mine sits too low in the rear for my taste also. I had thought about trying to find some high durometer hose or tubing with a thick wall and nearly no deflection. Slip that over the bottom most coil. Depending on the wall thickness, it could raise the rear 1/4" or more. I don't see why that wouldn't work, I just can't find anything like I am talking about.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:19 AM

Originally posted by bad1LEz
I know what you mean, mine sits too low in the rear for my taste also. I had thought about trying to find some high durometer hose or tubing with a thick wall and nearly no deflection. Slip that over the bottom most coil. Depending on the wall thickness, it could raise the rear 1/4" or more. I don't see why that wouldn't work, I just can't find anything like I am talking about.
im just gonna slip normal garden hose on the bottom and top coil.. if anyone has anything against putting regular garden hose on the springs, let me know please
Old 05-23-2004, 11:30 AM
BPS

garden hose will not get you 3/4"

for a cheap alternative to fabbing - try dense plastic - I bought a kitchen cutting board - the white kind - trimmed it, and used a drill bit for door ***** to get a hole in it.

A height constraint is set by the height of the lip on the perch. You need some lip to keep the spring in place

This worked fine - especially as I needed to raise one side 1/4" more than the other. I've since I swapped rears - I may do it again as I'm looking for ~ 1/2" on the pro kit as well.

Last edited by BPS; 05-23-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:30 AM
BPS

garden hose will not get you 3/4"

for a cheap alternative to fabbing - try dense plastic - I bought a kitchen cutting boeard - the white kind trimmed it and used a drill bit for door handles to het a hole in it.

The height constraint is the height of the lip on the perch you need some lip to keep the spring in place

worked fine till I swapped rears - I may do it again as I'm looking for ~ 1/2" on the pro kit as well.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:12 AM

garden hose got me 1/4" .. i put one layer on the top coil and one on the bottom

I will take the top later of hose off and find some dense plastic like you suggested for the bottom to do it properly ...