Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Anyone try the J&M LCAs with the 'ball' bushings yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:30 AM

Anyone try the J&M LCAs with the 'ball' bushings yet?

I am considering different options for LCAs for my car ('00 SS Convertible). Currently I use the 1LE ones with poly bushings that came with the Eibach/Bilstein suspension kit.

In the "Latest News" on this site I saw the new LCA poly-ball bushings J&M advertises.

If you have tried them, do/did you like them? I'd also appreciate opinions/info on J&M vs. other options (BMR? poly-rubber?).

One more question: J&M offers Panhard Rods but only non-adjustable. Would an adjustable PHR work better?

Thanks

Chris
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor

These are a new bushing design for the F-Bodies cars. If you click on the link it will tell you all about them or you can also read about them on our site. I also believe we are the only company offering a lifetime warranty on the polyurethane bushings as well.

One more question: J&M offers Panhard Rods but only non-adjustable. Would an adjustable PHR work better?
We do have adjustable panhard rods available as well. You can find them hear http://www.hotpart.com/index.php?p=show&id=132
Old 11-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Sorry, I must have missed that PHR with rod ends. This is a street driven car though, so I think rod ends are not a good idea because of road noise and wear.

hotpart, he reason why I was asking for user experiences is certainly not that I think that your product is bad. If that were the case I wouldn't bother asking at all. On the contrary, I think this is a very good idea, I would just like to know whether it works as well in real life as it does on paper (or in this case my screen) before I buy car parts that my life will hinge on.

Chris
Old 11-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor

These are a revised version of what we have been using for years in the Mustangs. The Mustangs geometry is so bad that the torque boxes would start to tear even with the factory rubber bushings in place. Using our lower control arms in the Mustangs with these bushings completely eliminated the extreme loads on the lower torque boxes which as you can guess eliminated the tearing problem of the boxes. The biggest thing about these bushings is it will eliminate the effective spring rate increase during cornering and also eliminate the for and aft bushing compliance to allow for hard launches and corner exit acceleration.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:31 PM

anyone buy these yet? i'm interested too
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 PM

They look like a reasonable solution to keeping stiffness, but eliminating the poly bushing bind in cornering.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:34 PM

ask squints88 he just ordered them.. I think were puttin them in this weekend so ill tell him to spread the news on em
Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM

yep i ordered mine like last friday from hotpart on eBay, so hopefully they will be here tommorow. I'll give you a review
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 PM

how much were they. and were they race or street.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:36 AM

I ordered a set from hotpart a couple of months ago with this style bushing. I love them, and Brian over at hotpart has bent over backwards to make sure everything i needed was taken care of on other parts i ordered, and is always willing to help me. Hot part has excellent products for a very fair price, and the customer service just flat out cant be beat! Order em, you wont be dissapointed.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 AM

I'm curiuos are these bushings entirely made from poly? or is just the middle ball made from poly and the ends caps made out of rubber?
Doug
Old 11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor

All three pieces are made out of polyurethane. The center ball is made using different composition of polyurethane than the outer cups.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:57 PM

Will these bushings fit into existing LCA's and will they sell them?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor

These bushings will fit into our own existing control arms.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:29 AM

can you buy the bushings? My friend gave me UMI lower control arms a while ago and I would love to use these bushings in them.. They wouldnt fit tho would they?

Quick Reply: Anyone try the J&M LCAs with the 'ball' bushings yet?