Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Anyone try the J&M LCAs with the 'ball' bushings yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by respectirocz
i second that

I would also buy bushings but won't buy another set of complete arms.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Blown 95 TA
I would also buy bushings but won't buy another set of complete arms.
Same here, in fact I just bought a set of J&M LCA's a couple months ago and they came with Energy Suspension poly bushings. I'm not about to buy the same exact LCA's just for a set of bushings.

Besides the middle bushing being a different type of Poly what is the difference? otherwise they look exactly like the Energy Suspension bushings.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor

Same here, in fact I just bought a set of J&M LCA's a couple months ago and they came with Energy Suspension poly bushings. I'm not about to buy the same exact LCA's just for a set of bushings.

Besides the middle bushing being a different type of Poly what is the difference? otherwise they look exactly like the Energy Suspension bushings.
They are the same bushings so you do not need to worry about it. Only the grease is Energy Suspension not the bushings.

Last edited by hotpart; 12-26-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:21 PM

By not selling repair parts or components, you are missing out on business right at your doorstep for business you will never get.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kevin Blown 95 TA
By not selling repair parts or components, you are missing out on business right at your doorstep for business you will never get.
We will sell parts to our previuos customers who have our arms. We will not sell parts for other arms because we cannot guarantee fitment.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:39 PM

honestly i think what Brian is saying makes sense, i mean he has liability to meet if he was to sell you some bushings, and they failed cause your app was wrong, he would be on the line......
Old 12-30-2006, 04:49 PM

I just recieved mine yesterday. Came in one day, very nice . They are going to replace my busted (again) global west lcas. I had the del-a-lum/rod end combo on those. I'm not going to be able to do any track events or anything, but after I put them in tomorrow and do some street driving I will post my impressions.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:47 PM

post pics of when you have yours assembled..... if you dont mind, i need to check something with mine...

has anyone had any problems with them when they are put together, they do not want to sit flush?? like one side always wants to push back out???

let me know

thnx
Old 12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor

They have a slight press fit and once they are lubed they have a tendancy to want to push out. Be ready to install them right away once lubed and assembled.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
honestly i think what Brian is saying makes sense, i mean he has liability to meet if he was to sell you some bushings, and they failed cause your app was wrong, he would be on the line......

Baloney - That's nonsense. What about all the shops that sell spherical bearings and poly bushings and other racing components? There's business reasons for not selling them and I don't blame him, but hot rod parts are all liable just like McDonalds is for coffee. I think you are more liable selling whole purpose-built manufactured parts than you are for selling components, so don't give me that nonsense. Just say you don't want to sell them cause you won't make as much money. No big deal.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:37 PM

ya i noticed that lol, it slides right out lol so only did one side for a test fit, rest will be done right as they go in
Old 01-07-2007, 11:12 PM

Put them in tonight. Kind of a PITA since you're dealing with the lube and trying to get the ball seated and facing the right direction. Make sure you have some orangeclean.

It was definantly a tight fit trying to get the poly ball side aligned right on the chassis mount. The soft sides mean you have to take your time and wiggle them in, making sure not to tear them. Once in, you then have to maneuver the thing to get the holes lined up. I think a good amount of my problem came from the fact that my old GW lcas (rod end/del-a-lum combo) left some residue on the sides. If you have the time be sure to clean the area well and possibly use some lube to help slide it in.

I thought before that i had busted the rod end on my GW lcas like I did last year since I was getting a lot of rattling. Turns out the jam nut on the PHB had backed off a little, so I was hearing and feeling that. Still, I drove the GW lcas for a good couple of years so I can compare from memory.

My tires are literally bald as slicks, so I didn't hang turns to fast, but the back end did seem in check more. It felt like a more solid car, and quick lane changes at 80 seemed almost like the rear was steering with you. Don't know if I can attribute that to the lcas though.

I also did some two lane quick side to side at about 45 mph, and it also felt a bit more controllable. I can't give a solid review though till I get new tires and do an event, but as of now I think they feel better. I do not know how they would compare to a rod/rod combo though.

Noise wise, they sounded about the same as my GW, if not a touch louder.

BTW, I didn't notice the second pack of lube in there. As such, I used half a tube on each poly ball, lubing the sides of the sockets and the ball a good amount. Is that enough, of should I pull them out and add the second packet?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:31 AM

BTW, if the vendor is still following this thread, what's the torque specs for the lcas? i just tightened the bolts to oem spec.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blackrat
BTW, if the vendor is still following this thread, what's the torque specs for the lcas? i just tightened the bolts to oem spec.
If you are still using the factory bolt or an equivalent grade 10.9 you should torque them to 83 foot pounds.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blackrat
BTW, I didn't notice the second pack of lube in there. As such, I used half a tube on each poly ball, lubing the sides of the sockets and the ball a good amount. Is that enough, of should I pull them out and add the second packet?
If you where able to lube all the surfaces of all the bushings you will be fine. We supply a lot more grease than you need.

Quick Reply: Anyone try the J&M LCAs with the 'ball' bushings yet?