Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

ASR Problems - Applies Brakes by Itself

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 PM

ASR Problems - Applies Brakes by Itself

I installed lowering springs about 2 weeks ago and now every time i start up my car and try to drive off, my "LOW TRACTION" light starts blinking and applies brakes.

I am not dumping it

Only thing that I could think of is the following:

1) when we were putting the driver side spring in we had to lift the master cylinder about half an inch (didn't know you could remove it without bleeding the brakes after) so maybe i messed something up while it was being pulled up a bit? highly doubt it though

OR (this is the one that i think it is)

2) when we removed all the crap out of the way to install the springs...the speed sensors were removed so the wiring wouldn't get too much street put on it. could it be that either a) dirt got in the sensor. or b) sensor is not aligned properly?

if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. i haven't really tried anything to fix it yet
Old 08-10-2005, 12:21 AM

Re: ASR Problems - Applies Brakes by Itself

anyone? im desperate
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by nin97
2) when we removed all the crap out of the way to install the springs...the speed sensors were removed so the wiring wouldn't get too much street put on it. could it be that either a) dirt got in the sensor. or b) sensor is not aligned properly?
My guess is a wheel speed sensor problem, but I would think it was a problem on the front wheel.
With a problem to the front wheels indicating no rotation, the ASR would think the back wheels were spinning and the front were stationary causing the ASR to try to limit the back wheel spin.

Tom Piper
Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Piper
My guess is a wheel speed sensor problem, but I would think it was a problem on the front wheel.
With a problem to the front wheels indicating no rotation, the ASR would think the back wheels were spinning and the front were stationary causing the ASR to try to limit the back wheel spin.

Tom Piper
thanks for the reply, tom!

just wondering, is there a proper way to put the sensor on? or do you just snap it in? would you happen to know the GM part number?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:17 AM

I believe the front wheel speed sensors are part of the spindle hub and are not replaceable.