Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

ATTN: 96-97 WS6 owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 12:58 PM

ATTN: 96-97 WS6 owners!

I know I know, you're getting tired of my questions. But noone seems to be answering them with what I need. And I need answers quick because there are a set of springs I'm thinking of buying.

I have a couple questions regarding a 96-97 WS6. Would you need an adjustable panhard bar, adjustable torque arm, and relocation brackets on a WS6 car? The car is like .5" lower from the factory then a regular F-Body.

Also, if I where to put factory 96-97 WS6 springs on a non-WS6 car, would I need the adjustable parts mentioned above?

Lastly, would I be able to use the Bilstein HD's with the WS6 springs, or would I need something different?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:58 PM

Re: ATTN: 96-97 WS6 owners!

I have the bilstein hd's on my car with the WS6 springs. The only other mod I have to my suspension is BMR subframes. These are the key to a good handling F-body. The shocks were like night and day when I put them on. Huge improvement. Same things with the subframes. I would not mess with the stock WS6 springs if it is a daily driver. I love the ride height of my stock WS6 springs. It sits low in the front and high in the back. Don't fix it if it isn't broke.

The car handles great. If I want it to hook up (which I don't because I still have the stock rear end ) I can put Nitto Drag Radials on the back tires.

My car has very good manners in turns and it slides well when I want it to.

Now if your into autocross I would go stiffer on the springs. The only other suspension mod I'm considering is a Torque Arm to relocate the pressure off of my transmission mount.

Hope this helps
Old 11-12-2005, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Camarocracy
I know I know, you're getting tired of my questions. But noone seems to be answering them with what I need. And I need answers quick because there are a set of springs I'm thinking of buying.

I have a couple questions regarding a 96-97 WS6. Would you need an adjustable panhard bar, adjustable torque arm, and relocation brackets on a WS6 car? The car is like .5" lower from the factory then a regular F-Body.

Also, if I where to put factory 96-97 WS6 springs on a non-WS6 car, would I need the adjustable parts mentioned above?

Lastly, would I be able to use the Bilstein HD's with the WS6 springs, or would I need something different?
I don't know what height your ride is at right now, but my Formula sat down at 26.75" at all four corners with my sub box in the trunk and .5" higher in the rear with it out.

I moved to a set of stock springs from a 1999 Trans Am and it lifted my car 1" (ground clearance for LT headers and y-pipe). I have since installed QA1's on the front to bring the nose down a bit.

My car did not have, and did not appear to need the adjustable parts when I got it.

There was one thing that my car did need. It needed the LCA relocation brackets as the LCAs went up from the body to the rear end, rather than down.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Camarocracy

No.

And, if I where to put factory 96-97 WS6 springs on a non-WS6 car, would I need the adjustable parts mentioned above?

No, you dont need any of those. The only thing close to being necessary would be the ADJ PHB if and only if the rear end wasnt centered. But with such a low drop I doubt it.

You could, but they may not be a "perfect" match. I'd call Sam Strano since he's the suspension master. Seems from his experience the stock springs match the HD's best. If the WS6's are the same as the SLP sold eibachs then you'd probably need the SLP valve Bilsteins.
Hope that helps.

-Dustin-