Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Baer GT plus brakes and Eradispeed rotors from Tybrne

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM

Thumbs down Baer GT plus brakes and Eradispeed rotors from Tybrne

Here's a summary of the problems I've had with Tbyrne trying to get Baer GT plus brakes and Eradispeed rotors.

I ordered over $1,100 worth of brakes on sale the day before new years in 2004. It's been 3 months since I ordered all of this brake equipment and I'm still waiting on the correct parts to arrive.
There were no indications of lead times or backorders when I ordered the brakes online, meaning I thought within a week I would have all the components I ordered. About 2 weeks after my order was placed I recieved a box with what seemed to be the rear rotors, Hawk brake pads, and 2 sets of Earl's solo bleeders. Because I didn't have the front Baer kit I didn't really think to check out the rear rotors, but they tunred out to be incorrect later on.
Now the wait for the GT plus kit started. I called about a week after the rear brake stuff arrived and was told that Baer was behind and I was on the list. The brakes would be sent out to me as soon as Tbyrne got their next shipment in. I called 2-3 more times over then next few weeks and was told the same thing. No set date or time frame was given on when I would receive the brakes. Finally after 2 months I recieved the Baer GT plus kit. It was at this time I figured out the rear rotors were incorrect and contacted Tbyrne the next day. Tbyrne said they'd send out a tag so the brakes could be shipped back at their expense and the new brakes would be shipped to me. Well I had to package the brakes back up and send them back. About 2 weeks later I recieved the second set of rear brakes, and received a call the same day from Tbyrne. They called to tell me that they might have sent me the wrong brakes again because the product numbers were "very close". I recieved the brakes and they were in fact the wrong brakes.
I called Tbyrne yesterday, 5 days after the brakes had arrived, because my family was out of town and I couldn't send the brakes back anyway. I called, but they were closed because it was after 6:00. Today I called Tbyrne to tell them the brakes were incorrect again. They told me they'd send out a paid return tag and a carrier would take the old brakes away while my correct rear brakes would be overnight aired to me.
I asked for some sort of compensation due to the numerous problems with my order, and the fact I spent over $1100 and it's been 3 months since I placed the order. Not to mention the incorrect rear brakes I was sent the first time were worth $500, the second incorrect set $430, and the rear brakes I actually ordered were only worth $230. I sent all the much more expensive brakes back, yet Carol Byrne could only offer me a $35 credit if they shipped the brakes ground instead of overnight air? I told her that wasn't compensation in my eyes seeing how the correct brakes should be shipped out to me ASAP anyways, and that I was very dissapointed with my expensive order thru their company. She then pointed out that she was greatful that I was honest and returned the more expensive brakes, but that I also didn't have to pay the shipping to return them! I was shocked seeing how the customer should never be responsible for paying the shipping charges on incorrect parts sent out by the distributer. To me I saved Tbyrne almost $500 by sending the more expensive brakes back and not just getting mad, keeping them, selling them on ebay, and ordering them some where else.
Yet they couldn't compensate me for all the time and trouble I've gone thru to let them get my order right.

I just want everyone to know the type of customer service I recieved even on a very expensive order thru Tbyrne. Also the problems Baer and Eradispeed had in getting their products to me thru Tbyrne. I say that because I've seen multiple posts by Tbryne toughting sales on Baer and Eradispeed rotors with no mention of the lead time on the brakes, which were on backorder. I've ordered thru Tbyrne many times before and never had any problems. Just be warned if there is a problem, here's an example of how they might handle it.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:50 PM

Re: Baer GT plus brakes and Eradispeed rotors from Tybrne

not to turn this into a sponser bashing thread but....

.... i had the same problems with my exhaust system(headers, cat, catback) i ordered from them last spring. i got no calls from them telling me that stuff was on back order. it took MONTHS before i got mystuff. i gave them the bennifit of the doubt thinking maybe i was the only one but i have seen a few posts about this lack of customer service on this board as well as others. basicly if you order somethign form them your gonna have to make all the efforts to find out whats going on and call them to see when stuff will arive because they WILL NOT inform you.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:09 PM

I had a similar issue with my Eradispeed rotor and Hawk brake pads order with TByrne. It took about 3 months to get the rotors and I waited abother 4 weeks anf finally cancelled the brake pad order. Got the pads in 3 days from Thunder Racing. I think TByrne's service has gone down hill; I too have spent thousands of dollars with TByrne over the years; they're no longer my supplier of choice!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:39 PM

OMG, same deal over hear. Odered the Baer GT+ kit (11.54" rear rotors), yet I got the 13.25" rears with new plates. The problem is I just got my Strange 12 bolt, and cannot find any shops that would "unpress" the axle bearing to get the stock caliper plate off... Trying to call TByrne but get NO ASNWER on any of their lines, and it's 2:30 PM over here on a Thursday. BTW, I waited FOUR months for the these brakes, and was never notified that they decided to send me larger rear rotors. VERY pissed. I just jope they make me very happy or I will never buy through them again.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:07 PM

Aren't Eradispeed rotors done by Baer anyway?

In TByrne's defense, Baer gets BURIED every single year with brake orders. I personally know someone who had to wait about 4 months for his brakes to come in.

Now, that does not excuse Tbyrne's customer service, or their actions for sending you the wrong parts not just once but twice.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by LWillmann
Aren't Eradispeed rotors done by Baer anyway?

In TByrne's defense, Baer gets BURIED every single year with brake orders. I personally know someone who had to wait about 4 months for his brakes to come in.

Now, that does not excuse Tbyrne's customer service, or their actions for sending you the wrong parts not just once but twice.
I think it would be nice if they disclosed about Baer getting buried every single year with brake orders to the potential buyers before they accept their cash. Not telling their customers how long the wait will be before accepting the order is defenetelly upsetting.

I for one will not wait 4 months. I would rather buy from someone else. But if they are holding my money how can I?. Its just not right.

Marvin