Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Baer Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 PM

Baer Rotors

Wondering what the difference is between the single piece OE replacement size Eradispeed and the equivalent DecelaRotor that Baer sells. I purchased Eradispeeds for the rear of my car for an LS1 conversion and I recieved the DecelaRotor instead. They look identical and are the same size but my concern lies in the zinc wash the Eradispeed is supposed to have to prevent rusting. That was why I ordered the Eradispeed. If the DecelaRotor is also zinc washed then Im fine with them. Anybody know more about this?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM

If you have the rotors, you should be able to see the shiny zinc plating. I'm in the same boat as you, I wanted to get some Baer rear rotors but noticed the 1 piece OE replacements are now called Decelerator. The Eradispeed are either plus size or 2 pieces....basically Baer's high end rotors.

I think..you'll need to call Baer to confirm...but I think it's a marketing thing, so that the Eradispeed are the high end stuff and the Decelerator are the OE replacements but with slots and cross drilled holes. I think it's just a renaming thing that Baer did, and the 1 piece, OE size rotors used to be called Eradispeed. I'm pretty sure they are zinc plated as well...if they took the time to slot and cross drill them...why not zinc plate them as well.

I'm planning to buy some Declerators for my LT1 rear rotors...where did you buy yours from?