Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

bent frame?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 AM

bent frame?

I just noticed that my 95 camaro sits uneven.
The driver side is approx. an inch higher than the pass, on both the front and rear of the car.
What could cause this?
Could my frame be bent? as far as I know the car has not been in any accidents.
My suspension is all stock with 130k+ miles....could that be it?

any info would be appreciated

thanks

Andrew
Old 11-20-2006, 11:25 AM

just jacked the car up and noticed that my panhard rod is bent on the driver side of the car....is that what is causing this?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Jlo

I had the same problem, I installed adj. PHR,LCA,TQarm,subframes. I adj. everthing new shocks also fixed the problem right up.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by noregretz999
I just noticed that my 95 camaro sits uneven.
The driver side is approx. an inch higher than the pass, on both the front and rear of the car.
What could cause this?
Could my frame be bent? as far as I know the car has not been in any accidents.
My suspension is all stock with 130k+ miles....could that be it?

any info would be appreciated

thanks

Andrew
I though GM enginered their cars to sit like this, the drivers side higher than the passenger side. I think i read somewhere that they did it so that when the driver sits in the car, the car sits level. Maybe not though. I know my 02 suburban sits like this. It looks wierd when its just sitting there.

Do you have any pics of the bent panhard bar?
Old 11-24-2006, 02:42 PM

I've been watching my car now for several months and it gradually has been getting a little bit more noticeable. The rear right is now noticeably lower than the left.

I thought that maybe it was just the weight of the spare tire, but I think it is caused by several things made only worse by the weight of the spare.

recently I put on 99 vette rims. While installing them I noticed it was necessary on the drivers side to make some slight BFH adjustments for clearance and on the pass side there was lots of room. After installing I noticed that the wheels sit almost a half inch difference in the wheel well which I take to mean that the axle was installed at the factory a half inch off to the drivers side.

Would this axle offset to the drivers side compounded with the weight of the spare and aging springs ,shocks, etc not cause the car to lean to the pass side? Kind of like standing with your feet shoulder width apart and then moving your right foot in an inch, you will notice your shoulders then lean to your left slightly.

If this is the problem what would be needed to move the axle back aprox 1/4 inch to the right so its directly in the centre of the car?